Kiffin helping out Mark Ingram at FAU.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Okay, this is where the NFL is strange. They suspend Mark for 4 games, but allow him to practice with the team and play in all of the preseason games. He can't play in the first 4 games, but why can't he at least be with the team. Stupid.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Great that Ingram is getting a good workout and back into game shape. Just Weird from Kiffin though.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Lane Kiffin can be a really nice guy when he tries.
OR he can be a butt...

Lane didn't prove to be a good fit at Alabama, but he is really good working with Quarterbacks, and a great play caller when he tries.

THEN... 'Here's Johnny'. :(

In Kiffin's favor, he did learn the 'Process' from Coach Saban.
Coach Saban taught him how to be a successful head coach.
(It's anybodies guess how Lane's coaching story will turn out. It could go either way)

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Why do you feel like he was not a good fit? I thought he came at the perfect time. Also think he’ll eventually end up at Bama again down the road, way down the road

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I liked Kiffin here. All the Jet Sweeps aside he wasn't bad. The fact that he used the term "Bama Family" tells me he loved his time here and what he did for Mark Ingram shows class.

Tide99

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
That's pretty cool and I also like Kiffin and Ingram is one of my all time favorites. Both are part of the Bama family and helped bring us National Titles. As mentioned it's a brilliant move publicity move. With UF & FSU floundering no reason FAU can't become the next UCF.

His work turning Sims into a serviceable QB was amazing. That said, I'm afraid he would probably out think himself with Tua and he is not as good of a QB coach as Enos. No Jet sweeps needed with Tua and these wideouts. Just line it up, run your routes, and let the defense pick it's poison.

It can't be stopped yet I'm afraid Kiffin would sometimes stop himself if that makes since. No need to run all the misdirection plays for no gain to set up the big shot later which thankfully Locksley and Enos seem to understand.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
During the Saints-Falcons game, Sara Walsh just said she talked to Ingram about it this week. He called Kiffin and asked if he could work out at FAU while he was doing some stuff at his South Florida home. He wanted to be able to put pads and a helmet while working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.