Upsets for week 4

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Vandy has a chance. UGA may have destroyed the USCe dreams. If Notre Dame isn't careful, they will lose to Wake, but last Saturday probably got their attention. That was the maybe the seventh best SEC team that took you to the last minute at home. Maybe.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Vandy has a chance. UGA may have destroyed the USCe dreams. If Notre Dame isn't careful, they will lose to Wake, but last Saturday probably got their attention. That was the maybe the seventh best SEC team that took you to the last minute at home. Maybe.
ND is pathetic. Ranked at #99 Total Offense and #62 Total Defense. Against Michigan, Ball State, and Vanderbilt. :rolleyes: Was very fortunate to beat Ball State and Vandy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ND is pathetic. Ranked at #99 Total Offense and #62 Total Defense. Against Michigan, Ball State, and Vanderbilt. :rolleyes: Was very fortunate to beat Ball State and Vandy.
They are not as good as the media wishes, but Kelly teams often play right at the level of their opponents. They have tended to play up or down each week based on their level of competition.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
They are not as good as the media wishes, but Kelly teams often play right at the level of their opponents. They have tended to play up or down each week based on their level of competition.
Man, I know a traditionally strong program that used to do that a lot. It was frustrating. I'm glad that Saban has brought us to a new standard of excellence. It really is fun, and I am thankful and enjoying every minute of it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Would love to see it. From what I've gathered, Frost and company are having a similar issue to Saban in 2007. The previous regime's players aren't fully buying in and aren't all that great.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1041733991030775810

Saban had way better talent in 07 than Frost could ever hope for in the next 4 years at Nebraska. Shula did recruit some players that would be star talent at Nebraska while coaching. Andre Smith cheif amongst them. Point is Alabama 1 and 2 star players are on par, if not better, than Nebraska 4 stars. The Troy game emphatically proved that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban had way better talent in 07 than Frost could ever hope for in the next 4 years at Nebraska. Shula did recruit some players that would be star talent at Nebraska while coaching. Andre Smith cheif amongst them. Point is Alabama 1 and 2 star players are on par, if not better, than Nebraska 4 stars. The Troy game emphatically proved that.
You missed the main part of my post - they aren't buying in. Just watch the video in the post as proof.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You missed the main part of my post - they aren't buying in. Just watch the video in the post as proof.
I get it, but again the 07-09 transition was going to happen sooner than later and everyone knew that Tubby’s loss of control over recruits were inevitable and would result in Bama’s rise. Frost is going to be stuck with this attitude of losing until he corrects it on the field and that will probably take about 4-7 years to do. He probably has a 1-10 season this year, a 6-6 next year, and another 6-6 the next. Winning cures a lot a problems internally and externally, but without talent you are stuck on a constant hot seat which is why I think Frost is canned before he can change a losing culture into a winning one.

Point is he is going to have this attitude for awhile.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.