Going To The Game (RANT)

tmv85

All-SEC
My seniors are writing their research papers right now. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to explain what a comma splice is or what is wrong when they use a singular antecedent with a plural pronouns, and they STILL make the same mistakes. At least I haven’t had anyone use “ur” so far.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
I will be cheering from my nephew’s wedding....... if you guys hear a loud roar coming from West Georgia, that will be me screaming Roll Tide
Why do folks in the South continue to schedule weddings during football season ? Especially on days ALABAMA plays a BIG game ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If your going to the game,remember to do your part or don"t say a word about a player not doing his part. I remember going to games from 90s-06 driving from KY every weekend to home games not the best of times for Alabama football. Tubervilles fingers, watching old Alumni sit there patting there hands together. Wishing they still had games in Birmingham where the best atmosphere to be at was.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/09/have_alabama_fans_forgotten_ho.html#incart_river_index

If your going to the game do your part sell your tickets to somebody who wants to be part and not to just say I went to the game Sat.

I hope you heard my profanity laced tirade on Jimbo Fisher when he extended the game with one second left.

Saban would have been proud, my momma not so much. (As I sad on the GBU thread, that's not my norm).

I did my part, RTR.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Hey guys, Coach Saban is in charge of the Game Plan. Part of that Game Plan is for fans to do their part: to scream as loud as possible when the Aggies have the ball. No one expects you to STAND the entire game like the Aggies do in Kyle Field. Coach is just asking We the Fans to make Bryant-Denny miserable for the Aggie QB, RBs, Wrs., Linemen and that coach with Reading Glasses. Make it difficult for them to hear. Don't even let them be able to hear if a player breaks wind. You are NOT going to the Opera, you are going to a football game. A fan is supposed to be a FANATIC! I remember the Alabama vs Florida game when Urban brought his team to TTown. Now, that was LOUD! Urban left town a sad man.

Make it sound like a morgue when Alabama has the ball! Make it sound worse than Death Valley when those Aggies have the ball.

If Bama doesn't win, I'll blame the FANS! Then, hopefully, Coach Saban will give the fans an _ _ _ Chewing like Miss Terry gave him after the Maria Taylor incident. (See ESPN article.)
If we lose a game please feel free to blame whoever you'd like to. Fans aren't playing the game. Not everyone likes to yell and lose their voice and such and some people have a hard time physically getting up and down.
I do jump up and yell and cheer and clap but understand, too, that that type of exuberance is not in everyone's genetic make-up but it doesn't mean they aren't a fan and don't enjoy good football.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I was at the game yesterday and was wondering if the OP was also inside BDS. If he was, he certainly was not doing his part as there were many plays when the aggies had the ball that you could hear their audible calls. I shouldn't have been able to hear those if he'd been shouting, lol.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Overall, I thought the fans did a great job yesterday. Great energy throughout the game. Yes, it was a hot day and many had left by the end but there were still a lot of fans that stayed until the end and were engaged in the game and cheering.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Overall, I thought the fans did a great job yesterday. Great energy throughout the game. Yes, it was a hot day and many had left by the end but there were still a lot of fans that stayed until the end and were engaged in the game and cheering.

They really did.

It was miserable humidity and stuff at the start, but the fire was there in the crowd for sure.

Not like 2012 pregame with ATM or 2010 Iron Bowl first half, but still very good.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
They really did.

It was miserable humidity and stuff at the start, but the fire was there in the crowd for sure.

Not like 2012 pregame with ATM or 2010 Iron Bowl first half, but still very good.
If according to Coach Saban that PLAYERS should NOT complain about the heat and humidity, and that they are TIRED, why should FANS? The weather is the weather. TIRED is only a feeling that we need to eliminate. It is what it is and you perform to the best of your ability. Definition of TIRED = when the defense is on the field for 99 plays!!!!!!!

To avoid the Rat Poison, Coach Saban, the OL didn't BLOCK like they should have. Tua was NOT perfect. He hit on only 22 of 30 passes for about 370 yards. RB's did okay but had NO ROOM to move. The DL did okay. Okay is NOT good enough. The linebackers could improve. The DB's gave UP TOO much territory. Now, who should I blame for Mond running all over the field? Now, our punting game was very BADDDDD! Coach Saban, I expect lots of improvement next week.

When you think of playing a team coached by a former coach, you need to get the team ready. Let the TEAM know that there could be OTHER Old Dominion U.'s out there. LALAU (Louisiana Lafayette U.) has a better record than ODU. Well, maybe both have won one game. You never know, those Rajin Cajuns could be putting their pants on like ODU did.

Oh, also, Coach the entire coaching staff needs to do a better job this week.

Plus, someone above said that they could hear Mond calling audibles. Fans, I'll give you a C+ since some seemed to think they/you did a good job.

Now, Coach Saban, assistant coaches, players, and fans, YOU MUST improve or someone is going to throw a Surprise Party before the end of the year. Now, get back to work on the field, with the assistants in your group meetings, in the classrooms, etc. A SIX TD favorite!?! Just remember little David before he became a King. There was a Goliath!

Now, writers for newspapers and media sports talking heads, Coach wants some NEGATIVITY this week. So, move Alabama out of the TOP 25 this week. Coach Saban would LOVE that. Remember! Football is Blocking and Tackling, NOT wishing and hoping.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If according to Coach Saban that PLAYERS should NOT complain about the heat and humidity, and that they are TIRED, why should FANS?
For starters, they players are being PAID to be there by being given a FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION and a foot up in life.

On the other hand, I'm paying to be there, which gives me the right to complain.

:)

Brobrettjohnson

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 28, 2018
^^This. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve watched the Tide when they were horrrible (Hawaii anyone?). I’ve always thought of myself to be a fan. By fan I mean someone who enjoys and pulls for a team yet has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. People are allowed to feel they do if they’d like, it’s ‘Merica. Just don’t insist anyone is not a “true fan” because they don’t have season tickets or complain about heat at ball games. If I paid $300+ dollars to watch a game, I reserve the right to yell my lungs out OR sit and be as quiet as a mouse in the church house. Okay, I’m good now lol

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Every time I see this word or hear it I want to choke the life out of something. [emoji849]
Well granted that it really isn't a word, but then my wife was an English major and it p####s her off as apparently it does you, hence I feel obligated to use it from time to time just to rev her up a bit.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.