Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. TAMU...

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I really hate the dental hygienist type shirt Fisher wears. A good running QB still hurts us, fortunately he was only a marginal passer.
Mond was doing a pretty good Scam Newton imitation in the first half. I was impressed by his play for the most part.

Say what you will about Jimbo, but he knows how to develop a QB.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Great win...remember when we all agreed that our defense would be carried by our offense this year? Well, this proves it. We will give up yards...but hopefully not too many points.

Great game...I still cannot believe how good Tua is...the most transcendent QB I have seen since John Elway.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tua has started 32 drives for Bama.

Touchdowns: 20
Punts: 6
Field goals: 2
Lost fumbles: 2
Missed field goals: 1
Half expiration: 1

Plays: 161
Yards: 1,502
Yards per play: 9.32

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
In other news ...I can't believe an 0-3 Old Dominion just bested a Bud Foster defense by dropping 49 points on them.

They were a 29 point dog in this game.

How far ahead could you be looking to fall off a cliff like that?!?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I am super ....ed about our OL performance today. We really need to work in our running game before we play LSU. On top of that Our defense had way too many missed tackles. I think we need to fix that before we can the team can be real good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I am super ....ed about our OL performance today. We really need to work in our running game before we play LSU. On top of that Our defense had way too many missed tackles. I think we need to fix that before we can the team can be real good.

Got five weeks before The Who’s - I think a lot of players will gain valuable experience, and Bama will be ready for the trip to Red Stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017

Couldn't agree more. Over the last few seasons, our OL has seemed to go from really poor in the beginning of the season to pretty good by the end, so there's still reason for hope. I can't see why this year's OL shouldn't be much better than last year's, but at this point in the season, they seem to be worse than last year's group. It's definitely baffling.

Edit: The pass blocking is great, though.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Unless Tua gets hurt, we won’t need to force our will on anyone running the ball. For balance, yes. But we don’t need to waste the best Bama QB in a few generations trying to force 3 yards & a cloud of dust

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005

I agree. I was very disappointed in the O line. I hope we can improve other the next few games. LSU, State and Auburn will be very challenging.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Unless Tua gets hurt, we won’t need to force our will on anyone running the ball. For balance, yes. But we don’t need to waste the best Bama QB in a few generations trying to force 3 yards & a cloud of dust
Yes! We could have thrown for 500 today. What's the difference between that and running for 300 if both give you a blowout win?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In other news ...I can't believe an 0-3 Old Dominion just bested a Bud Foster defense by dropping 49 points on them.

They were a 29 point dog in this game.

How far ahead could you be looking to fall off a cliff like that?!?
What is an Old Dominion? That sounds like an old timey southern Baptist church in Blount County, Alabama.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Whats scary good about our team is not long after jalen came in we clearly took the foot off the gas, im in awe of this team! We couldve scored atleast 2-3 more tds now thats mindboggling! We just curb stomped a top 25 team! RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.