Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. TAMU...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm not. He wanted his team to play to the final whistle. So I don't understand why people are irked about it. It prevent the game to be over by what a minute at most?
Because every snap is a meaningless opportunity for injury at that point. It was stupid and should never happen at this level of football.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Because every snap is a meaningless opportunity for injury at that point. It was stupid and should never happen at this level of football.[/QUOTE

Since the starting QB was in the game I agree with you. But if the backups were in then I disagree. Backups want to play and score and so do the fans.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I’ll never understand some folks. This team is going to try and exploit each opponent’s weakness. Against A&M the secondary and middle were prime areas. The people that know fball said ALL week that the offense would be able to have the TEs have a field day. They did. The Aggies have a really solid DL. Just because we didn’t run for tons of yards doesn’t mean the OL can’t run block. There are at least 4 more really good DLs Bama will face. You won’t see D. Henry type numbers this year. Not from this passing squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Another reason Jimbo committed to clogging up the inside is Tua’s height. Think he was hoping to take away visibility and throwing lanes. Tua is just on another level.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Because every snap is a meaningless opportunity for injury at that point. It was stupid and should never happen at this level of football.[/QUOTE

Since the starting QB was in the game I agree with you. But if the backups were in then I disagree. Backups want to play and score and so do the fans.
Starkel was the QB on the last drive of the game, not Mond.
I was able to see the last few minutes of the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No one really believes that Fisher called those time outs down by 22 with 13 seconds and then 1 second on the clock was trying to develop his players, right? Come on. That was his ego, and he didn't care about the risks.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I agree to a point. But ignoring the issues we had with running the ball against a quality team and assuming that we will always be able to throw our way out of it WILL comeback to bite us. I know Saban after the game and a player or two said as much after the game. They were not pleased with our inability to run the ball. Yeah, as long as Tua's "on" it is less of an issue. But as good/great Tua is, he's not immune to having an off game or a coaches watching enough film where they find a little something to slow him down. I think that's what concerns Saban, is to assume we're always going to be able to throw our way out of bad run blocking is naive. But I know they'll fix it. And good lord help LSU, Auburn or Miss St when it both comes together. LOL! RTR!!!

Unless Tua gets hurt, we won’t need to force our will on anyone running the ball. For balance, yes. But we don’t need to waste the best Bama QB in a few generations trying to force 3 yards & a cloud of dust

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree to a point. But ignoring the issues we had with running the ball against a quality team and assuming that we will always be able to throw our way out of it WILL comeback to bite us. I know Saban after the game and a player or two said as much after the game. They were not pleased with our inability to run the ball. Yeah, as long as Tua's "on" it is less of an issue. But as good/great Tua is, he's not immune to having an off game or a coaches watching enough film where they find a little something to slow him down. I think that's what concerns Saban, is to assume we're always going to be able to throw our way out of bad run blocking is naive. But I know they'll fix it. And good lord help LSU, Auburn or Miss St when it both comes together. LOL! RTR!!!
Agreed. If aTm can do this with one extra man in the box then a few other teams will be able to do it without that extra man, putting more pressure on the passing game. You will improve, and yesterday's performance should light the fire to help you get there.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed. If aTm can do this with one extra man in the box then a few other teams will be able to do it without that extra man, putting more pressure on the passing game. You will improve, and yesterday's performance should light the fire to help you get there.
Who do you think that might be?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Unless Tua gets hurt, we won’t need to force our will on anyone running the ball. For balance, yes. But we don’t need to waste the best Bama QB in a few generations trying to force 3 yards & a cloud of dust
Fisher said in pre-kickoff interview, “You can’t let Bama run the ball.” I posted in another thread that if that was his primary focus, then he planned on getting beaten by Tua.
I didn’t get to see much of the game and none of the first half, but I will say this: if Bama wins them all just like they did today, I’ll be happier than a pig in slop.

This. This.

For all of the fuss about the running game, defenses continue to dare Tua to beat them. I have no idea why, either. Makes absolutely no sense.

The team runout video is fantastic this year. Absolutely loved it.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm not. He wanted his team to play to the final whistle. So I don't understand why people are irked about it. It prevent the game to be over by what a minute at most?
I didn't care about the time. I care about the health of the players who risk so much to begin with. At that point in the game, there was no way they could win. He clearly sent the signal of surrender by kicking a FG to make it 38-16 instead of going for it on 4th down anyway. What in the world could he possibly glean from those last few plays? Nothing. I don't care what any coach, even Saban, says. You aren't getting anything of worth out of those last few plays. All you're doing at that point is risking the health of everyone on the field. That's what ticked me off about it. It was ego, plain and simple. He wanted to get another jab in, because he's an offensive coach, and that's what so many of them do. What I don't understand, is after all the team with through a year ago, why we'd be ok with this kind of bush league nonsense in games long since decided.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Who do you think that might be?
Without improvement? LSU and Auburn, then every team you face afterward.

ETA, but, as I stated later in that post, I think that you will improve so it won't matter.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
3 biggest takeaways

1) Bama can be beat but it would take a really bad day to do it with Tua as QB.

2) Bama’s defense is still having growing pains but played well

3) aTm is not scared of Alabama anymore, and Jimbo is going to be a serious threat in the years to come.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Without improvement? LSU and Auburn, then every team you face afterward.

ETA, but, as I stated later in that post, I think that you will improve so it won't matter.
LSU and Auburn don’t have the offenses to beat Alabama, or the Dbs to do it either.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
The point is, why people are irked, is that its a meaningless play with the added CHANCE of injury to the players...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This. This.

For all of the fuss about the running game, defenses continue to dare Tua to beat them. I have no idea why, either. Makes absolutely no sense.

The team runout video is fantastic this year. Absolutely loved it.
Is that video online because I can’t find it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.