Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. TAMU...

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Well, that was one game; in the next four, I’d wager there won’t be any talk of Bama’s “struggling” running game.
Seriously, though, you can shut down a teams passing game by only rushing three - and when faced with that there’s not a team that wouldn’t run every down when faced with that. It would make no sense to do otherwise.
Bama was 33-27 pass/run, IMO only because CNS will never give up on the run, regardless. And if you do that against at least half of the SEC when they put 8 in the box, the results will most likely be close to what we saw yesterday.
* actually probably wasn’t 27 rushing attempts; Jalen was sacked when he fumbled and I think Tua’s TD was a scramble (?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tua's rushing TD was a run all the way.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else think we could have two complete DLs capable of starting for anyone by the time the season's over? Like we had in in 2016?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Anyone else think we could have two complete DLs capable of starting for anyone by the time the season's over? Like we had in in 2016?
I think we have two guys capable of managing the pocket (Davis and Williams). I think we need one guy that contains the quarterback and keeps him back there. Mond's escapes illustrated we are just oh so close to having that disruptive line everybody wants.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I think we have two guys capable of managing the pocket (Davis and Williams). I think we need one guy that contains the quarterback and keeps him back there. Mond's escapes illustrated we are just oh so close to having that disruptive line everybody wants.

I thought they did a good job of correcting the QB draw problem at halftime, though.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Here's an interesting quote/note from Golf WRX Ben Alberstadt:

"In the TV-ratings world, a mediocre football game typically drubs even some of the PGA Tour's biggest events. Yet during Saturday's third round, with Woods in the final group, NBC's coverage of The Tour Championship drew more viewers than every college football game except the Alabama-Texas A&M game. Because, as we all know, nobody beats Alabama - not even Tiger Woods."

RTR!

fantastic!
Here's an interesting quote/note from Golf WRX Ben Alberstadt:

"In the TV-ratings world, a mediocre football game typically drubs even some of the PGA Tour's biggest events. Yet during Saturday's third round, with Woods in the final group, NBC's coverage of The Tour Championship drew more viewers than every college football game except the Alabama-Texas A&M game. Because, as we all know, nobody beats Alabama - not even Tiger Woods."

RTR!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.