The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly... Aggie style:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Tua and the receivers looked fantastic. The Defensive line is a hoss

The Bad- the offensive line has no idea how to run block. I will need to rewatch but it looks like the culprits are on the left side

The Ugly- The punter and our LB's. The LB pursuit angles are horrid. They are letting FB, RB, and TE and into their body thus becoming unable to shuck blockers. The punter adjusted at the end but was still shaky. Definitely need to fix some things on special teams. Didn't we hire someone to do just that???:conf2:

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
GOOD: We won... Tua... receivers... hopefully no major injuries; Defense overall, and not letting them score on that last drive.

BAD : I am not sure what is wrong with the O Line but I hope our run game gets better before we play LSU and others in Nov.

UGLY: Penalties; Punting; the collision between Dylan Moses and the sideline reporter guy... I hope that guy will be okay!

I really wish we could have scored in the 4th quarter to break the 50 point mark again, especially against Jimbo.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
-Good: Tua, all our receivers, our DL, Surtain.
-Bad: Our OL living in our backfield. Playcalling often having zero clue what to do about that (or stubborn refusal to do something about it, which I might file under ugly). Mond gashing us on a couple of runs. Tackling all around.
-Ugly: TAMU's defensive backfield. Us letting off the gas in time to let Jimbo show what an absolute moron he is with the ultra aggressive playcalling and clock management at the end (worst of luck to you in everything that you do for the rest of the season, Jimbo! Way to try and take advantage of the fact that of all the things on the planet, Saban doesn't seem to hate anything more than us scoring late in games when we're up). Someone figure out why holding cannot be called against teams we're playing.
-Beyond ugly: Our kicking game.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Good: Tua, WRs, DH, our secondary, pass rush, we're really good, we might have a kicker
Bad: Running game, LBs had some struggles
Ugly: nothing really. I guess punting. We're really good

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I'm having a hard time watching from mid third quarter to end of game. Giant ugly, boring, etc.
Bad was officiating.
Good was Virginia Tech getting beat by Old Dominion, and giving up 600+ yards of offense.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Good: Tua is just awesome.
Bad: the running was just bad today. Everyone has been gashing A&M but us.
Ugly: Punting.
Actually A&M is top 15 in run defense so I am not sure where the notion that everyone else was "gashing" A&M on the ground is coming from. I think they held Clemson to under 70 yards rushing

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Good - We passed our first real test. TAMU is a good team. Tua!

Bad - Run game/OL Were we running the same basic run plays over and over? Intentional maybe, saving some for later?

Ugly - Punt Bama Punt

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Actually A&M is top 15 in run defense so I am not sure where the notion that everyone else was "gashing" A&M on the ground is coming from. I think they held Clemson to under 70 yards rushing
Fisher said in interview before kickoff, “You can’t let Bama run on you”; they had planned on getting beat by Tua.
I didn’t get to see any of the game, so not sure what they were doing to stop the run but it worked.
All but two teams in the West can stop anyone from running, if that’s their primary focus. Heck, most D1 schools can, by some combination of scheme/personnel. In so doing, they take their chances getting beat by the pass. That’s why Bama’s offense is so awesome - you can’t shut down one dimension and expect to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Good: We WON!, D-Line & DB's for the most part, Tua, WR's, TE's!

Bad: O line Terrible run blocking, very good pass blocking!

Ugly: Punting Terrible, LB's taking poor angles to runners, nothing that can't be fixed...

Then again, just maybe were all spoiled! ya think maybe FSU, USC, Miami, or even the lil brothers in Lee County, or a myriad of other schools would love to be in our shoes, so to speak!:biggrin:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.