UT player refuses to go on field in UF game

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If JP is letting Fat Phil coach the OL he's already set a super bad precedent going forward. PF ought to be doing what he supposed to be doing: having doughnuts with donors.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Tennessee has a serious culture problem. As long as Fulmer is involved in the program, Pruitt may not get what he wants. It will take him 3 or 4 years to clean up the program and He doesn't have time from the program to do that. I expect Pruitt to dip either next year or year after that.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Yep, that spells disaster; he will be calling plays next. If he is involved in practice, he doesn't respect the head coach. Pruitt stepped in it by going to vile country; this is potentially damaging to his career. He isn't going to be able to recruit with this noise and product on the field. His Bama roots give him a short leash with the hillbillies anyway.. But I am with the man in the video; I hate Tennessee, so let it burn
Does that jerk count as a coach when coaching? Is that a secondary violation? Stupid of Pruitt to allow it in any case.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If JP is letting Fat Phil coach the OL he's already set a super bad precedent going forward. PF ought to be doing what he supposed to be doing: having doughnuts with donors.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It can't possibly have a good outcome...so go for it donut boy! :biggrin2:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Phat will be strutting up and down the Tn sideline by the Bama game, having ridden to the rescue to save the program. All in the (super, double secret) plan.

poor horse

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Never been a more deserving program to have to deal with this era of non-competitiveness and outright shame. This player is just one more to add to the pile. Pruitt might make it 3 years. In year 3, they better be competing to win the East. I don't see it, but that's what will be expected.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Never been a more deserving program to have to deal with this era of non-competitiveness and outright shame. This player is just one more to add to the pile. Pruitt might make it 3 years. In year 3, they better be competing to win the East. I don't see it, but that's what will be expected.
They MIGHT can make it up to USCe's level by then. Almost anyway. Pruitt will need some decent recruiting along the way though.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Looks like they got things worked out:

Pruitt, on Monday, gave little information as to where it stands with Sapp, except to say the have talked.

"Well, it's like I said after the game, Quart'e's been a great ambassador for our program," Pruitt explained. "He came and saw me yesterday and it's like I told y'all after the game, once me and him sat down and talked, it would be between us -- we'll keep it in-house. I will say this, I said it the other night, and I said it to our players, since I've been here, he's been a really good ambassador to our football program, to our team and has been a good leader to our team.
"Everybody makes mistakes, so we are going to move on from there."
But will the linebacker be available for the Vols (2-2, 0-1) when they play No. 2 Georgia (4-0, 2-0) on Saturday?
"Yeah, we sat down and talked yesterday and here's the thing guys. I've coached at a lot of places, and I've seen things like this happen before," Pruitt said. "I've seen guys not show up to practice on Tuesday, I've seen guys not show up to practice on Wednesday and when you are dealing with 18- to 22-year-olds, there's a lot of things going on. Things happen, again, Quart'e has been nothing but a great ambassador for our program and a really good student and a really good leader for our team."

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The smell of Kripsy Kremes is all over this. There’s no doubt in my mind Lennie Small, ummmm...I mean Phil Fulmer, is angling to get Haslam to put him in the HC position.

But I really don’t think this is 1999 redux. Difference is, back then, we fielded Bob Bockrath and Mike Dubose. Plus, Roy Kramer was in the SEC office.

Now we have Greg Byrne and Nick Saban. And Greg Sankey can’t be pleased with the clown car circling a dumpster fire that was ignited by a train wreck in Knoxville.

Point being, we won’t be bringing a penknife to an artillery barrage this time around.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Tennessee has a serious culture problem. As long as Fulmer is involved in the program, Pruitt may not get what he wants. It will take him 3 or 4 years to clean up the program and He doesn't have time from the program to do that. I expect Pruitt to dip either next year or year after that.
Seems to me that the last 4 coaches to take that job have spoken about the culture needing to change. And yet.........has it changed? I don't know. I see less car flags. In fact...the last 6 car flags I have seen here werent UT flags. But I am not sure anybody has changed any culture there.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
If he is transferring what team would want a quitter with this style. It was the fourth game so he could still play and help the team out. I know that there are teams that will take him but seem like a problem for somebody.
It’s Tennessee. He probably cannot count to 4 so he was confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.