What was the deal about the delay of game penalty when the refs hadn't signaled the

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
After seeing the barn break Metcalf's leg, which cost Ole Miss the game when he fumbled, and my Grandson having his leg broken in a HS game on a horse collar tackle, which was NOT called, I am in favor of any rule that prevents any type of drag down from behind which is initiated above the waist. Tackle the runner below the waist. If you can't do that, too bad. Don't break his leg pulling him down from above the waist.
It was Laquoan Treadwell and I agree with your comment.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'll never boo a player (on any team) unless they take a cheap shot or something similar.

But I'll boo a ref any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I doubt it happened but I hope one of you heard me shout "you suck, refs - this is why people hate you" on the live broadcast...

That was you!

Dilly dilly! :p

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I noticed the play clock continued to run even when the 1st down sticks were being moved. is that a new rule to speed up the games?
Clock is restarted when the ball marker is in place. If that has not always been the case, it should have been. Ball marker dictates the placement of the chains so it is not necessary for them to be in place to restart the clock.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.