Show us your motorcycle(s)!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I actually won this in a drawing back in 2012. I had to pay $5,500 up front to the IRS for the winnings. I do not ride so I left it at the dealership, sold it and, pocketed about $15,000 plus the $5,500 which my daughters went through like "Sherman through Georgia.". Not a fan of bikes.

[/IMG]

To be fair to my daughters, most of the money went to out of state tuition and books, etc. I, on the other hand, did not see a penny of my winnings. I guess that's what Dads are for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ole Man Dan

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bought a Yamaha Virago 750 new in 1996 (not my bike, but it looked exactly like this one):

Sold that a bit later when we were expecting our first child. Promised the wife I wouldn't own a bike while we had kiddos at home.

About nine years ago my best friend had to sell his beloved 1974 BMW R60/6 to help fund moving his family to a new city (for work). Took some searching but eventually I found the guy he sold the bike to and, after two years of badgering him on and off, convinced him to sell me the bike. Had it fixed up (back to stock) and sold it to my bud for $1 as a surprise. It's a beauty. This is it in my garage after I replaced the after-market glass packs with OEM mufflers:

Attachments

Reactions: dtgreg and dayhiker

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
^^^ Great story, Brad! That was a very cool thing to do for your buddy. HUGE props, man!

Yeah, it's amazing how much aftermarket stuff people put on motorcycles....yuk!

Here's my '76 R90/6 when I first bought it.........

......and more recently after getting her back to stock form. Rusty mufflers - but they ARE original! :)

Reactions: dtgreg

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
***Not my actual bikes but they looked like these

1992 Suzuki GSXR 1100 bought new in '92ish

1994 Honda CBR900 RR bought new in '94ish

I really miss that Suzuki :frown:

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Pulled the trigger this past Saturday and got back on 2 wheels...

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

Needs a little TLC to get it back to original, got the oe parts on order.

TFLHS

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenntiderman

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Is it a '98?

THAT is one gorgeous bike, sabanball! Congrats, man. Looks like it's in really great condition. That little seat in the back is coming off, yes? :p

I just got a set of rear brake shoes delivered to me today for my '81 Yamaha XT250. Should have her back on the road by the weekend.

Good luck with your new ride! :)

Last edited:

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Is it a '98?

THAT is one gorgeous bike, sabanball! Congrats, man. Looks like it's in really great condition. That little seat in the back is coming off, yes? :p

I just got a set of rear brake shoes delivered to me today for my '81 Yamaha XT250. Should have her back on the road by the weekend.

Good luck with your new ride! :)
Thank you sir and good eye, it is a '98. I bet that XT is an interesting ride.

Got a couple of "care" packages in and initiated Project TLC. Swapped a leaky petcock, performed an oil change, swapped plugs, tightened some vacuum leaks and addressed some chrome bits. So far so good.

The little seat stays for now

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Thank you sir and good eye, it is a '98. I bet that XT is an interesting ride.

Got a couple of "care" packages in and initiated Project TLC. Swapped a leaky petcock, performed an oil change, swapped plugs, tightened some vacuum leaks and addressed some chrome bits. So far so good.

The little seat stays for now
Yeah - looks like I was premature about the little seat as it seems to be part of the factory design - so indeed it should stay.

Sounds like your Valkyrie found a good home! :p

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Well.....another VFR followed me home. Just like my other two....an '87 700.

This one is in pretty good shape outside the dented fuel tank. Runs great - and that Kerker especially sounds fantastic!

32,000 miles. Recent oil and spark plug change. Tires in good condition. Everything works!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Just pulled the trigger on a new bike!

It's a Hawk RPS Dirt Bike 250cc - dual purpose so will be off road and street legal as well.

Bought on Amazon (believe it or not) - only $1,070 plus $399 shipping delivered to my door.

Some assembly required but from what I read, not too bad.

May not arrive until next month - but will post again when she gets here......

YT video review:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Bought a Yamaha Virago 750 new in 1996 (not my bike, but it looked exactly like this one):

Sold that a bit later when we were expecting our first child. Promised the wife I wouldn't own a bike while we had kiddos at home.

About nine years ago my best friend had to sell his beloved 1974 BMW R60/6 to help fund moving his family to a new city (for work). Took some searching but eventually I found the guy he sold the bike to and, after two years of badgering him on and off, convinced him to sell me the bike. Had it fixed up (back to stock) and sold it to my bud for $1 as a surprise. It's a beauty. This is it in my garage after I replaced the after-market glass packs with OEM mufflers:

Bro these are all beautiful. I just sold my Virago. Had an 1100. Miss it. Greatest handlebars I ever had. I liked it on single runs. Only bought the RoadStar XV1700 to get the wife to go with me.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

I put on the windshield. The rest was on it already. Cleanest used bike I ever bought. She runs like a rolex watch still😃I let a good friend of mine in nashville buy her. SuhWeet bike. InterState eater. Sweet handling. I was looking for a Kawasaki W650..but came up on this Virago.

Dude...I am sorry. I didn't realize these posts were 3 yrs old. Got excited seeing a Virago in such primo condition. Mine was a 1995 model.

20180317_094353.jpgI

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.