Rat Poison: In Its Closest Win of the Season, Alabama Looked as Terrifying as Ever

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The passing offense is absolutely sick. Used to I'd sit up in my recliner and cringe when it was third down. Now I use it to go to the bathroom so I can get ready for the next set of downs. It's dang near automatic. Tua's talents puts a ton of stress on the defense. As Danielson mentioned yesterday, his ability to go through his reads so fast keeps all defenders from cheating one way or the other. Once Tua makes his decision the ball is out so fast they barely have time to react before the WR is going up field. Very, very hard to defend. Once we get the running game going and properly mixed into to the passing game. We may actually be impossible to stop. We're dang near at that point now.

PPG = undefeated are better than having great balance and losing.

I don't care if we rush for 0 and pass for 600 - if we score 60ppg playing Bball on grass and go 15-0, I don't want to hear anything about an offense that was held to 21 and 24 in two games, regardless of the 'balance'...
Yeah, I follow you though. It’s just way too early to say this right now. Also, I’m not saying they aren’t well on their way either. I’m cautiously excited about this offense but I stop short at saying greatest ever. It does look unstoppable though. I guess being use to holding the ball for 10:00 not giving the other offense a chance is what I’m looking for. We may not have to do that this season though. Up 45-16 on a very good team in the third qtr when Tua goes out gives all the signs. I’ll revisit this after LSU and MSU.

Last edited:

SkullDuckery

1st Team
Dec 28, 2015
Guys, teams are selling out to stop the run and trying to pressure Tua with the blitz. Obviously it’s not working against Tua but it does make it hard to run. There really is no good way to defend us. If they drop 8, we run all day long on them.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Guys, teams are selling out to stop the run and trying to pressure Tua with the blitz. Obviously it’s not working against Tua but it does make it hard to run. There really is no good way to defend us. If they drop 8, we run all day long on them.
Indeed, it wasn't like A&M was stuffing the run with three or four DL. From my perspective it looked as if they had at least six in the box on nearly every snap.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
LY if we got to 3rd and 4+ it was a done drive. Now I never feel like the drive is over.

If we had not called off the dogs last week, it’s 59-16. That was a mercy pull for Jimbo.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
No, but I didn’t see A&M stuffing The run game either. Until our run game starts up I can’t say it’s the best. Our balance isn’t there yet.
No argument from me that they stuffed it. Having said that, did anyone notice how many they had in the box? Have to admit I did not. Someone said that they consciously decided to sell out to stop the run, pretty much regardless of what we might do throwing the ball.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
No argument from me that they stuffed it. Having said that, did anyone notice how many they had in the box? Have to admit I did not. Someone said that they consciously decided to sell out to stop the run, pretty much regardless of what we might do throwing the ball.
Sorry guys, guess I need to read a thread before I go asking stuff that may already be answered.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is correct. They were even walking up safeties. I didn't understand it, but I guess they're just stopping what they can. I don't think blitzing is going to work...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
This is correct. They were even walking up safeties. I didn't understand it, but I guess they're just stopping what they can. I don't think blitzing is going to work...
Exactly, which is why I had a hard time understanding why we were so determined to run the ball at the start of the 2nd half.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Going to post this here rather than the thread about the running game because Saban would say it's complete rat poison.

One of the negatives of the offensive explosion thus far has been the way the games have been over within the first 30-40 minutes. Saban isn't going to keep the 1s on the field too long when the game is out of hand (Arkansas State game being the exception with the OL). Therefore, the 1s haven't been able to work out the kinks.

Between that and defenses continuing to run blitz, the run game is going to take some time to fully develop.

Until then, let Tua to continue to throw for 350+ and 3 TDs a game.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Exactly, which is why I had a hard time understanding why we were so determined to run the ball at the start of the 2nd half.
I won't argue aTm was loading the box a lot. But there were a lot of times one or two of our guys were simply getting beat one on one by the guy in front of them, regardless of the remaining players in the box. I think that maybe what was troubling Saban. It's one thing to be blocking the guy in front of you and simply cannot block the extra guy flying past you. But it's another thing to get straight up beat by the initial guy you're supposed to be blocking. I saw that on more than one occasion.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I won't argue aTm was loading the box a lot. But there were a lot of times one or two of our guys were simply getting beat one on one by the guy in front of them, regardless of the remaining players in the box. I think that maybe what was troubling Saban. It's one thing to be blocking the guy in front of you and simply cannot block the extra guy flying past you. But it's another thing to get straight up beat by the initial guy you're supposed to be blocking. I saw that on more than one occasion.
I can agree with that. And I think Marty's right in that we just haven't had that much run practice yet this season. I know that these guys can run block. I watched them do it last year...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Going to post this here rather than the thread about the running game because Saban would say it's complete rat poison.

One of the negatives of the offensive explosion thus far has been the way the games have been over within the first 30-40 minutes. Saban isn't going to keep the 1s on the field too long when the game is out of hand (Arkansas State game being the exception with the OL). Therefore, the 1s haven't been able to work out the kinks.

Between that and defenses continuing to run blitz, the run game is going to take some time to fully develop.

Until then, let Tua to continue to throw for 350+ and 3 TDs a game.
I know!! It`s one helluva problem that`s been keeping me up nights ! ;) ( Don`t know how to do blue fonts ). Seriously, been watching Alabama football for six decades. We`ve not had anything quite like this, believe me. At least so far.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yah, there were definitely plays where they simply whipped the OL, but then again A&M has a pretty sick DL this year. Several will likely be playing on Sundays. Can't expect the OL to win every battle against premier DLmen.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Yah, there were definitely plays where they simply whipped the OL, but then again A&M has a pretty sick DL this year. Several will likely be playing on Sundays. Can't expect the OL to win every battle against premier DLmen.
This exactly.

The aTm D-Line & LB's is the best we'll have faced until after Halloween. CNS & Staff will use this game as teaching/coaching material and our O-Line will be much better by then barring injury. I'm not overly concerned.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.