LSU LSU now ranked #5

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I'm excited to see what Ole Miss does vs LSU. It should give us a better idea of how good the Ole Miss offense is and therefore how good our defense is.
I wouldn’t mind Ole Miss beating them to make the first part of our schedule look a bit better.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I think LSU is highly overrated and being propped up by wins over other overrated teams. It’s just another example of way pre-season rankings should go away. The AP and coaches polls are meaningless anyway, the only one that matters is the CFP poll. IMO, there should be no polls until the first CFP poll is release.

Miami should have never been a pre-season top 10 team and Auburn is looking more like they should have been top 15 instead of pre-season 9. Pre-season rankings manipulate the landscape because those polls, unlike the CFP, never completely reset. Those polls take weeks to adjust because voters continue to use what they expected as a basis, instead of only what is happening.

I think LSU is closer to 13-15 and I think they’ll have at least 2 losses by the time of the Bama game. I think they are playing on borrowed time. I wouldn’t be shocked if Ole Miss beats them and, I fully expect UGA and Miss St to beat them.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I said before the season LSU would be good. I said before they played AU that they would perhaps give them more than they could handle. They will likely finish in the top 10 based on talent. The wildcard is Oeaux and his ability to mess things up.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I think LSU is highly overrated and being propped up by wins over other overrated teams. It’s just another example of way pre-season rankings should go away. The AP and coaches polls are meaningless anyway, the only one that matters is the CFP poll. IMO, there should be no polls until the first CFP poll is release.

Miami should have never been a pre-season top 10 team and Auburn is looking more like they should have been top 15 instead of pre-season 9. Pre-season rankings manipulate the landscape because those polls, unlike the CFP, never completely reset. Those polls take weeks to adjust because voters continue to use what they expected as a basis, instead of only what is happening.

I think LSU is closer to 13-15 and I think they’ll have at least 2 losses by the time of the Bama game. I think they are playing on borrowed time. I wouldn’t be shocked if Ole Miss beats them and, I fully expect UGA and Miss St to beat them.
Agree on all points except MSU. If Ogre actually has the team prepped for MSU they win. The only team more overrated than LSU right now is MSU.

Well...I guess it does depend on how well the LSU O-line is playing or healed up. That could be where the whole thing turns. Still, I think they are better overall on both sides of the ball in that one.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The one thing Auburn gashed them on was passing. I think Ole Miss might light up the score board to the point that LSU can’t keep up even against Ole Miss’s defense. There is something about teams who are overrated going against teams with nothing to lose. Look at this very game in 2014.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The one thing Auburn gashed them on was passing. I think Ole Miss might light up the score board to the point that LSU can’t keep up even against Ole Miss’s defense. There is something about teams who are overrated going against teams with nothing to lose. Look at this very game in 2014.
I think this is a real possibly. I'm not sure it will actually happen though. But I can see a situation where LSU's offense stalls out on one or two straight drives and Ole Miss' passing game gashes them for two quick back to back td's and LSU has to start playing catch up. That could easily put Ole Miss in the driver's seat real quick.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think this is a real possibly. I'm not sure it will actually happen though. But I can see a situation where LSU's offense stalls out on one or two straight drives and Ole Miss' passing game gashes them for two quick back to back td's and LSU has to start playing catch up. That could easily put Ole Miss in the driver's seat real quick.

Burrow is overrated. Ta'amu is not.

Ole miss can win if they play some semblance of defense...which is questionable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.