Annual TideFans tailgate planning / idea thread

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I can pretty much guarantee heaters aren't an option. Given the power requirements, electric heaters are a non-starter. That leaves propane powered heaters which, in crowded areas full of tents and a plethora of flammable objects, are a safety concern at the least and likely an outright safety hazard. I'd be shocked if they're allowed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Radiant propane and kerosene heaters aren't really that dangerous. There have been a few cases of CO poisoning but that's not a worry in open areas. Years ago, when the turkey-frying craze was taking hold, two guys brought theirs to our old tailgating spot by the Alabama Book Store. (A friend's brother owned it before it was sold.) These guys had never used theirs before. I won't drag out the tale of the fire running down the hose to the tank etc., but we all hit the ground and the fire department came and smothered the flame. My wife asked if we should run. The tank was only about 20' away, so I told her it was too late. Back OT, radiant heaters don't have an open flame like a turkey fryer. They shouldn't be needed unless the meeting goes late into October...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I don't know the rules, but...We (College buddies) have a tent in the same area. For LSU last year we hired a guy to make etouffee on an open flame???? Not sure if it was "allowed", but it was AWESOME!!!
If grills aren't allowed I have to imagine all those other forms of heat generators aren't allowed either.

Maybe we hire a bunch of kids, get them all hopped up on soda and let them run around to heat up the tent.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
No reason why we can't have an annual TideFans "fundraising" campaign, to include folks (like me) who are unable to attend. All overage would go to Nick's Kids.

So, let's say we make the "donation" $20-25. That should be sufficient to cover everything, especially when non-attendees will also be contributing.
I make an average of two games per year due to my work/travel situation. Heck, I'd kick in $25 even if I couldn't make it like last Saturday when I was out of town.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
A goal would be to select what game it would be some time near the spring game. That way people who already knew the event was going to happen then know WHEN it will happen and can plan accordingly. This will hopefully drive up participation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.