Link: Clemson Names Freshman Lawrence Starting QB; Bryant Announces Intent to Transfer

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Clemson now has a freshman QB as their starter. Dabo names Lawrence starter

Saban's comments about the new rule in today's post-game presser pretty much reflect the opinions of most here. He does not support the way that older players are using the rule and would like to see that eliminated.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I DO think Dabo was RIGHT to tell Bryant what he did when he did. I think he knew it was a possibility Bryant would leave and Dabo COULD have justifiably started him today and then done it next week. I actually think this speaks well of Dabo.

That said......

I don't know that there is a "right" way to handle something like this. Everyone is an expert on how other people should handle their challenges. Saban could have done just what he did and Hurts still might have transferred, so I think this notion that either coach here necessarily "did it the right way" is more perception than reality.

I see it more of a reflection of Hurts/Bryant than I do Dabo/Saban. Besides, I was getting mocked on here last week for saying Aaron Suttles didn't have a clue what he was talking about when he said Hurts was leaving. He still may on other subjects - and to be fair - he might have had an informant who had never been wrong before.

I also think the new rule is a terrible one. They need to go somewhere between the old rule of "one play and you're no longer a redshirt" and four games. Maybe two, something better than this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I DO think Dabo was RIGHT to tell Bryant what he did when he did. I think he knew it was a possibility Bryant would leave and Dabo COULD have justifiably started him today and then done it next week. I actually think this speaks well of Dabo.
I agree and said as much to my wife earlier this week. Dabo feels about Bryant the way that Saban feels about Jalen, and both told their players early enough for them to make their own decision. Both coaches clearly care a great deal about their players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.