Write your own Tidefans story: "The Phone Interview"

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Remember the choose your own adventure books? Let's do a write your own Tidefans story thread!

I'll start the story and then each poster can either comment on the thread or add a single sentence to the story.

Here are the rules:
1. If commenting on the thread, please denote that your post is a comment.
2. If adding to the story, please only add one sentence at a time.
3. You can add multiple sentences to the story but, please, wait for another poster(s) to add sentences in between your additions.

And before anyone asks - as far as I know, this story isn't based on true events...
:biggrin2:

"The Phone Interview"

You're expecting an important phone call in about 10 minutes - a phone interview with your potential new boss at what should be your dream job. However, your spicy lunch has launched a vicious blitzkrieg against your bowels and you have no choice but to run to the toilet. After five minutes, you're literally praying aloud that this misery ends before the phone rings in another five minutes. Mere seconds later, your cell phone rings. You look at it and realize in horror that it's your potential new boss calling...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
No toilet paper, but I think I remember a Sears catalogue in the den, if I can figure out how to get there, not ruin the floor and talk to hopefully my new boss.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
About that time the gas stove which I had mistakenly left on blew up and launched me towards the startled men...

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Which, in this case, involves stuttering, drooling and mumbling semi-coherently “...they didn’t tell me The Rapture would be like this...”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Faintly I can hear my potential boss's voice coming from the phone that was laying in the front yard ask, "Have I call you at a bad time?"

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I crawl to the phone pick it up and respond "Not at all". I then feel the rumblings start again. I try to pull my pants up and run to the throne room as fast as possible.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
....while thinking to myself.....”this would make for a bad start to a ‘Dear Penthouse’ letter”. But as I enter the house shuffling, I reach the corner to the hallway. But before I turn, I look out the glass doors into the back yard and see Debbie....my 32 year old neighbor.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Her dog had run into my backyard and she had picked him up; she was wearing a tee shirt and panties. She saw me standing in the hall, put her dog down and headed toward my back door.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I came back to reality quickly and knew I needed to end this call right away, but I really needed the job, so I had to ensure the lie I told would prompt my new "boss" to call back. So, rather quickly I shouted into the phone...."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.