How Were the TAMU fans you encountered Saturday?

Rolltidewill92

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
Most of aTm fans I’ve met were the nicest and classiest fans I’ve ever met.

The one exception was a 2nd LT while I was in Bagram. We unfortunately had to watch the 2013 game together and it ended up that he got so mad he wanted to fight me towards the end.
My Plt Sgt at Bragg was an ND fan. He talked trash up until the game, and I did more push-ups than I care to remember when I said "sarnt my tv cut out at halftime, what was the final score?"

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
My experience is that opposing fans at the games are usually fine and nice. It is the opposing fans on social media that are a problem.

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
Aggie fans, in general, are some of the nicest fans I have ever met. When we went to College Station a few years ago, my wife and I couldn't believe how nice and welcoming they were, before and after the game.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
The Aggies I met in Tuscaloosa couldn't have been better. Fun, good sports, not one single whine, and this was after the game.

Plus, we were united in our dislike of UTw, so there's that.

My experience is that a lot of the loudmouthed riffraff in any fan base gets weeded out on road games that can't be easily accomplished in an over-and-back day trip. So you get some of that from MSU and the barn, but not nearly so much from other more distant schools.
I totally agree. All the fans I have run across from ATM at all their games in Tuscaloosa have be great. I do imagine that it has a lot to do with the distance they have to travel and stay overnight.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
LSU fans are bad in Ttown, but are some of the funnest fans to be around in BR. UGA fans are the worst I’ve ever encountered and it’s not even close.
This is true. You would think UGA has been winning NC’s on a regular basis for the last 30 years but no they haven’t!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Thanks for the responses. Just interesting to hear since I live among the Aggies now. In DFW, we have every fan imaginable but because they are in the SEC I just hear from more Aggies than anybody else.

FWIW, and I know it goes against the opinion of many on this board, I find Aggies to be more like Auburn fans - little brother syndrome, want validation, they're good but not great, a little too loud before games, etc. But they are generally good folks.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Thanks for the responses. Just interesting to hear since I live among the Aggies now. In DFW, we have every fan imaginable but because they are in the SEC I just hear from more Aggies than anybody else.

FWIW, and I know it goes against the opinion of many on this board, I find Aggies to be more like Auburn fans - little brother syndrome, want validation, they're good but not great, a little too loud before games, etc. But they are generally good folks.
If Jimbo completes the elevation I think he will then I think it’s going to the landscape change like Iowa and Nebraska experienced 8 years ago. I know it’s his 1st year but aTm’s actions since joining and how there is a night and day difference from 2017 and 2018 seems to indicate that aTm is no longer content with having a 2year run followed by 8 years of mediocrity anymore. I think you are about to see a battle for the sheriff’s badge and hat in Texas.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If Jimbo completes the elevation I think he will then I think it’s going to the landscape change like Iowa and Nebraska experienced 8 years ago. I know it’s his 1st year but aTm’s actions since joining and how there is a night and day difference from 2017 and 2018 seems to indicate that aTm is no longer content with having a 2year run followed by 8 years of mediocrity anymore. I think you are about to see a battle for the sheriff’s badge and hat in Texas.
There is talk about an Aggie vs. Longhorn series renewal. It would be great for football in general and especially in Texas if that happens IMO.

Longhorns are showing pregress too this year after a bad opener.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There is talk about an Aggie vs. Longhorn series renewal. It would be great for football in general and especially in Texas if that happens IMO.

Longhorns are showing pregress too this year after a bad opener.
Everytime there is talk about the LSSD renewing it always seems Texas is the reason it never happens. I think its more beneficial to Texas than aTm is the ironic thing if it came back.

Texas has a lot more to do to be back in relevance than aTm imo. If they can beat OU then I would really think they are on their way. I just think they caught TCU after a bad big game loss and a bad USC team. But maybe Herman is better than what I thought, but I have way more questions than answers with him than Jimbo

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
^^^THIS^^^

I always call them the "auburn of Texas". The main differences being Aggies seem to have more money and manners, than barners.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Rode to the game on the shuttle with some Aggies and they were very respectful. We talked with them all the way over to the quad and had a great time.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I was unable to make the game but, my friends that used my tickets said a few Aggies around them had a little too much to drink and challenged several BAMA fans to a fight. Luckily the wives of the drunks on both sides told their husbands to “shut up” ....

Being married to an Aggie, I have been around plenty and most are very passionate fans. They have some very unique traditions (being nice) and are typically a heck of a lot nicer than UT fans.
UT fans are Vols. They suck. tU those are Shorthorns are awful too. Our resident Sooner guests warned us in 2009 and they weren’t wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.