News Article: WSJ: Why the left is so consumed with hate

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
OK. I scanned the article.

Basically, blame the hippies of the 1960s for the virulent opposition to Trumpland.

And Ferguson was an isolated event, a single shooting of an African-American by the men in blue.

I guess what we saw from 2001-2009 never happened.
As the saying goes, Mrs. Lincoln, aside from the shooting, how did you like the play.

Last edited:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
OK. I scanned the article.

Basically, blame the hippies of the 1960s for the virulent opposition to Trumpland.

And Ferguson was an isolated event, a single shooting of an African-American by the men in blue.

I guess what we saw from 2001-2009 never happened.
As the saying goes, Mrs. Lincoln, aside from the shooting, how did you like the play.
Like when Bush was called Hitler and people were making movies about him being assassinated?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Curious what you consider to be "worst qualities"?
It used to be that a Buckley or a Reagan or "name your own conservative" would make an intellectual argument. They held optimism for all the American people. And so on.

Then people like Breitbart came along and said outright that conservatives had to fight fire with fire. They looked for the most extreme examples of "incivility" of the left and matched or exceeded the tone and tenor. This was done purposely and has added to the poisonous nature of politics and allowed the rise of Trump, who is essentially the culmination of all that effort.

That criticism is before I even begin to tear down that article as tripe - which it is.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Does Mr. Steele also address why the right is so consumed with hate?
Can't speak for everyone, but currently it's because I can't watch the Dukes of Hazzard because of the General Lee even though the entire theme of the show promotes treating people equitably and justly to the point that the main villain in his cartoonish all white suites is an allegory for the clan and its deleterious effect on small towns in the rural south; and yet, every time I turn on the BBC, they are showing Robin Hood: a story about a young British man who travels to the Middle East and returns to wage a terrorist war on his government.

PS: I feel like we should apologize to the moderators before we even start threads like this.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
The far right has taken on the worst qualities of the far left. Pot, meet kettle.
I am pretty sure that you can't call it the far right anymore. Fox News peddles this crap constantly. I think if you have one of the 4 major news networks dedicated to shoveling this stuff, it no longer qualifies as being "far" anything.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Can't speak for everyone, but currently it's because I can't watch the Dukes of Hazzard because of the General Lee even though the entire theme of the show promotes treating people equitably and justly to the point that the main villain in his cartoonish all white suites is an allegory for the clan and its deleterious effect on small towns in the rural south; and yet, every time I turn on the BBC, they are showing Robin Hood: a story about a young British man who travels to the Middle East and returns to wage a terrorist war on his government.

PS: I feel like we should apologize to the moderators before we even start threads like this.
i thought is was the absence of incandescent light bulbs.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It used to be that a Buckley or a Reagan or "name your own conservative" would make an intellectual argument. They held optimism for all the American people. And so on.

Then people like Breitbart came along and said outright that conservatives had to fight fire with fire. They looked for the most extreme examples of "incivility" of the left and matched or exceeded the tone and tenor. This was done purposely and has added to the poisonous nature of politics and allowed the rise of Trump, who is essentially the culmination of all that effort.

That criticism is before I even begin to tear down that article as tripe - which it is.

But Breitbart is the media. He doesn't represent the right, does he?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
But Breitbart is the media. He doesn't represent the right, does he?
Breitbart represented the worst of the right and Bannon took it even further. They and others had profound influence on their audience. When alive, he made known his intent to do just that. So yes, he was a member of the right who created his media outlet to influence politics in the guise of being a member of the media. In a sense, it is media by definition but it is also a propaganda of sorts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.