News Article: Officials to address endzone issues

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's a bit surprising to me that there isn't at least a general rule of thumb as to haw far the wall / fence has to be from the OOB lines.

It's a bit surprising to me that there isn't at least a general rule of thumb as to haw far the wall / fence has to be from the OOB lines.
Agreed.

I remember going to a game in 2009 and I sat really close to the bottom and I thought to myself, that has to be dangerous. It's never occurred to anyone surprisingly until Saturday happened. Glad that they are addressing it.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Yep. I will say there are stadiums that are so worried about getting the crowd on top of everything that they have shrunk the field. Oklahoma State's field is downright scary how close those walls come. I marched in War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock and it felt like as soon as the sideline ended there was a wall to greet you.

Sometimes I feel they try to make the football arenas like the basketball arenas where everybody has to be that close to the action.

Glad Alabama is taking a look into this. Hate that we had to have an injury, even one that a player was able to walk away from, to draw attention to it. Hope that security fella is ok.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.