Averaging over 53 points per game

Number1AllTime

Suspended
Sep 21, 2018
2018 Alabama is averaging over 53 points per game, but that isn't the real story thus far. It's been a campaign of mercy. At 45-16 the Alabama-Texas A&M game was over; it's been a narrative of calling off the dogs. And it's important from a consistency standpoint to note that the low scoring outing was 45 points.

There's been substantial discussion about playing time with the quarterback position; decisions focused on mercy have dominated that area. Regardless of any situation with anyone who meets in the quarterback room, Tua could have played as much as the Bama staff would have ever have possibly wanted him to play in every game--"mercy" is the word.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Coach Saban has definitely been "calling off the dogs." Nothing new for him, but we have been so far ahead, he has done it earlier this year than ever, though he did leave some starters on defense in until the end. I think he is pretty happy with Tua's performance and doesn't think he needs the work.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Tamu was an example of 'Calling Off The Dogs'.
We ate em alive, then pounded the ball up the middle.
(To little effect)
To be fair... TAMU's game plan was a sell out to stop the run.
We ate up the clock.

At the end of the game, I wish we had more time to put our starters back in and ram the ball down TAMUs throat.
I wasn't happy with Jimbo calling a time out with one second remaining to attempt
a Hail Mary Pass. MAD!!!

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Coach Saban has definitely been "calling off the dogs." Nothing new for him, but we have been so far ahead, he has done it earlier this year than ever, though he did leave some starters on defense in until the end. I think he is pretty happy with Tua's performance and doesn't think he needs the work.
Coach Saban has always showed class by not trying to run up the score. Unfortunately that approach bit us in the butt in the 2010 Iron Bowl...

TAMU is very effective on offense, so you still have to keep an eye out for losing momentum.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The last regular season game would be perfect...
Amen brother. If our OL continues to protect the way the have, Tua could have a huge game against them and I hope CNS will leave him in the game longer than usual.

But, it's more likely to happen in one of our games like this Saturday or against Arkansas when CNS "tries" to call off the dogs but the other team can't stop our second and third stringers and we keep on scoring instead of falling down. It would also probably require a couple of NOTs to get it up into the 70 point range. But I could easily see it happening!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.