Tua Heisman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I have a feeling this is going to be a common topic along with Tua in general. And, I don't think I saw a dedicated Tua thread since the QB thread has finally died.

To get it started off here is Herbstreit gushing over Tua. Link

“What Tua’s doing is not fair to the rest of the planet,” Herbstreit said. “He’s out there doing things that we only see when playing video games. You’re almost starting to run out of positive things to say about him because every week he continues to raise the bar. By the way, it’s not just Tua, it’s the players around him — the receivers, the running backs, the offensive line, Mike Locksley calling the plays. It’s kind of the perfect storm which we predicted before the season started how good he could potentially be as a distributor in that offense, and I don’t think he’s going to go away.”
[FONT=&quot]“So, he’s kind of at a level by himself right now,” said Herbstreit.[/FONT]
IMO, there are probably 3 other QBs "in the running" with Tua (Murray, Grier, Haskins) but the one that I think might have the best shot outside of Tua is Haskins.

Instead of listing out their current stats I'm going to post links for each players stats on ESPN. For you all to compare if you wish.
Tua Tagovailoa, Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray, Will Grier

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Has to stay healthy. Early front runners for this award rarely win for a reason.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Has to stay healthy. Early front runners for this award rarely win for a reason.
For sure. For example, this is a big week for Haskins. If it goes the way I think it will it will help build his case but if he plays poorly and Ohio State loses? It's going to be hard for him to come back from that with so many other promising candidates this year. Tua vs LSU will be similar.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Looking at the site, http://www.espn.com/college-football/heisman/

Tua has 43 points and currently has 10 point lead over Haskins. Haskins and Murray needs good game this weekend to stay in the conversation. Tua, just need to play the game he knows how... and I think the game against LSU and Auburn will determine his Heisman by then. Grier will probably fade away in next two weeks. So, as long Tua doesn't get hurt and throw over 200 yards, he will be fine. Now, keep that in mind, there will be some players that will show up, but who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.