The Tagovailoa's Bros. 2018 season stats after 4 games.....

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Speaking of a long-time Alabaster resident, we are sure proud that Taulia's family chose to make their home here. I saw that when Tua showed up for Thompson's first home game, he had some law enforcement body guards with him. I bet Coach Saban said you can go, but we are going to make sure you are protected... :cool2:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
They could make a great combo.
Hotshot Southpaw QB
Hotshot Right hand QB..

I'll bet receivers everywhere wish they had either or both of these guys.
We are blessed, and will be doubly blessed next year.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
This is like when you ask Santa for a 4-wheeler, a Playstation 4, a trip to Disney, a Rolex, a Tesla Model-S and World Peace and it's all wrapped under the tree on Christmas morning!

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I've lived in Alabaster for 20 yrs and been a Thompson QB Club member (season ticket holder) for much of that time. I was disappointed with our loss to Hoover and while one of Lia's interceptions was in that game and quite inopportune, that game was also closer than the score indicated. We are thrilled to have this family as part of the Thompson family and it has certainly made Friday nights exciting.

For those that don't know: Our game with Hewitt is on ESPN on 10/26. Hewitt also has a QB that some of you may have heard about... :)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Question for those who follow HS football more closely than I do....Its my impression that Taulia is not as good as Tua was at this point but it also looks like he is at least a step ahead of Tyson if not farther. Does that sound right? Would be interested in any opinions.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Question for those who follow HS football more closely than I do....Its my impression that Taulia is not as good as Tua was at this point but it also looks like he is at least a step ahead of Tyson if not farther. Does that sound right? Would be interested in any opinions.
All I've heard is Taulia is not as accurate (right now) as Tua, but Tua's has out of the world accuracy so that's not suprising. Gotta figure he gets better too. His problem may be he's never "better" than big bro.

It's really hard to say about Taulia vs. Tyson. So much of how you look has to do with supporting cast (OL and Receivers especially).

I sure hope we hold on to both. Ironically, I think if we lose one it would be Paul Bear Bryant's grandson.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
All I've heard is Taulia is not as accurate (right now) as Tua, but Tua's has out of the world accuracy so that's not suprising. Gotta figure he gets better too. His problem may be he's never "better" than big bro.

It's really hard to say about Taulia vs. Tyson. So much of how you look has to do with supporting cast (OL and Receivers especially).

I sure hope we hold on to both. Ironically, I think if we lose one it would be Paul Bear Bryant's grandson.
I have not watched Taulia this season, but I have seen Tyson. I watched Hewitt-Trussville's opening game against a team from Georgia. Ultimately, they lost but really shouldn't have. Tyson looked really good. I'm nowhere near a recruiting analyst and I have no idea what his rating is, but I'd rate him a solid 4 star player. The kind of player that, 15 years ago, we would have been thrilled to get. I have no idea how it will play out but it is bewildering that Paul Bryant's great grandson would be such a talent at QB, and there is a real chance he wouldn't play at Alabama.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I have not watched Taulia this season, but I have seen Tyson. I watched Hewitt-Trussville's opening game against a team from Georgia. Ultimately, they lost but really shouldn't have. Tyson looked really good. I'm nowhere near a recruiting analyst and I have no idea what his rating is, but I'd rate him a solid 4 star player. The kind of player that, 15 years ago, we would have been thrilled to get. I have no idea how it will play out but it is bewildering that Paul Bryant's great grandson would be such a talent at QB, and there is a real chance he wouldn't play at Alabama.
Yeah...I watched that game too. I can't imagine him going anywhere else, but if Taulia is in Tua's zip code in terms of ablities (especially arm talent, reading defenses and going thru progressions), it's hard to envision him not playing above Tyson. That's a "way too early" judgement I realize, but it's hard not to already think that way.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL

I watch Taulia every week, and I would say accuracy is not the problem... it's scary good, in fact. We have solid receivers for high school but had a ton of red zone drops in our game with Hoover. Lia puts it on the money.

I don't know if he's as mobile as Tua but Thompson's offense doesn't ask him to be, typically. The OL is really good and is designed for multiple reads in the passing game. He doesn't get much pressure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.