Jalen Hurts has more passing TDs this season than Jarrett Stidham

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No matter how bad Auburn looks right now on offense, by the time we play them they will have fixed most everything and will give us their best game all year, regardless of their record. They will want to spoil BAMA's record. I hope our team is still injury free by then, especially at major positions.
They weren't special a year ago and the postseason told that story. I'll give them the win against us. They can celebrate it until the cows come home. But you'll never convince me our health on defense didn't play a huge part in that outcome. Even if we were struggling on offense.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
they do, his offensive identity is sandlot football.
Cue up “Yakety Sax”

It also messes up Gus’ offensive strategy in the way he designed the plays to work, when the opposing defense rushes on 1 or No Mississippi instead of 3 Mississippi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I've heard coaches talk about how poorly designed their passing game is, how unsophisticated and even downright wrong their route trees are, and one coach told me he's surprised they ever complete a downfield pass.

That's before you get into that ridiculous whirling dervish play or that swinging gate thing they do (out of a timeout, no less, last week).

I'd say it's high school, but I watch teams like Thompson and Hoover and Hewitt every week... so the high school offenses I see are better designed than Gus' at this point.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
All you guys were laughing at me when I predicted the Barn to beat Washington and then lose four or five games.

I'm feeling pretty good about that prediction right about now. :biggrin2:

theshow4jsu_13

3rd Team
Apr 13, 2007
Birmingham, AL
www.myspace.com
I watched part of the Arkansas game this past weekend. And I normally don't care for Jesse Palmer, but he was making a lot of good points about their offense. He basically said what someone else said earlier in the thread. Only 2 real pass plays, and if defenses can shut that down, it will be a long season for them. Palmer also does not seem to be a fan of their offensive style of play. Just made me chuckle a little bit.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I’ll admit that they have underachieved so far this year, but they have the best D line in all of college football and that will keep them in every game imo

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
This is about the time of year where we know we will kick the barn's butt.

Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. I try never to take it for granted.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
This is about the time of year where we know we will kick the barn's butt.

Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. I try never to take it for granted.
IMO: We would have gave Auburn a thrashing last year, but the injury bug killed our game.
By the playoffs, we started getting some of our guys back. AND... Coach Saban made the correct decision to put Tua into the Georgia game. The Dogs were not ready for Tua Time.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I watched part of the Arkansas game this past weekend. And I normally don't care for Jesse Palmer, but he was making a lot of good points about their offense. He basically said what someone else said earlier in the thread. Only 2 real pass plays, and if defenses can shut that down, it will be a long season for them. Palmer also does not seem to be a fan of their offensive style of play. Just made me chuckle a little bit.[/QUOTE

I wish BAMA could play Auburn this weekend .... win by 20 points and get it over with. I don't like the Iron Bowl so late in the season for several reasons.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Sorry for bumping this, but Stidham has now pulled into a tie with Jalen Hurts in passing TDs.

On another note, Hurts was named one of Alabama's offensive players of the week. Now we all know he might not keep it up, but while the big story is Tua being #1 in passer rating, Hurts would actually be fourth right now if he'd thrown enough to qualify.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
You can bet your bottom dollar that come Iron Bowl Saturday, they will be running wildcat with Schwarz and using defensive linemen for slants to the end zone.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
For the record, that play was a result of Alabama trying to win on the last play. It was a risk, but it was going for the win.
Yes, that play was to win, the rest of the 4th Qtr plays seemed, IMO, not from the perspective to win, but playing not to lose. that is the difference. I hated the play calling in the 4th Qtr. We did not have a killer instinct.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Yes, that play was to win, the rest of the 4th Qtr plays seemed, IMO, not from the perspective to win, but playing not to lose. that is the difference. I hated the play calling in the 4th Qtr. We did not have a killer instinct.
The Nuss effect

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.