Jalen Hurts has more passing TDs this season than Jarrett Stidham

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Jalen Hurts: 4 Pass TDs, 1 Interception
Jarrett Stidham: 3 Pass TDs, 2 Interceptions

:biggrin2:

This also goes to show how far better our offense is than offensive genius Gus Malzahn's offense is.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Jalen Hurts: 4 Pass TDs, 1 Interception
Jarrett Stidham: 3 Pass TDs, 2 Interceptions

:biggrin2:

This also goes to show how far better our offense is than offensive genius Gus Malzahn's offense is.
The Gus Bus is a power run offense so that total makes sense ... I'm sure they have more rushing TDs than passing TDs so they are all good.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Jalen has improved and Stidham has gone backward.
Gone backwards due to Gus' incompetence, their passing game is extremely predictable, either throw to Ryan Davis on a bubble screen or throw it deep to Slayton. Stidham has also been exposed though as he really can't read defenses either and holds on to the ball too long, if I'm a NFL GM, no way I draft him as a franchise guy.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Come what may, they hang tough with us because we go conservative and play NOT TO LOSE! Kick six, anyone???

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Gone backwards due to Gus' incompetence, their passing game is extremely predictable, either throw to Ryan Davis on a bubble screen or throw it deep to Slayton. Stidham has also been exposed though as he really can't read defenses either and holds on to the ball too long, if I'm a NFL GM, no way I draft him as a franchise guy.
so you're saying he probably won't get the heisman this year?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Come what may, they hang tough with us because we go conservative and play NOT TO LOSE! Kick six, anyone???
For the record, that play was a result of Alabama trying to win on the last play. It was a risk, but it was going for the win.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Stunning numbers, to be sure.

I just don't think Auburn has any sort of offensive identity under Gus. The first year, they did. But he's drifted away from it ever since. Truth be told, he wants a pro style passing offense but he has no clue how to implement it. Which is fine with me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Stunning numbers, to be sure.

I just don't think Auburn has any sort of offensive identity under Gus. The first year, they did. But he's drifted away from it ever since. Truth be told, he wants a pro style passing offense but he has no clue how to implement it. Which is fine with me.
they do, his offensive identity is sandlot football.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
they do, his offensive identity is sandlot football.
No matter how bad Auburn looks right now on offense, by the time we play them they will have fixed most everything and will give us their best game all year, regardless of their record. They will want to spoil BAMA's record. I hope our team is still injury free by then, especially at major positions.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
No matter how bad Auburn looks right now on offense, by the time we play them they will have fixed most everything and will give us their best game all year, regardless of their record. They will want to spoil BAMA's record. I hope our team is still injury free by then, especially at major positions.
i am not that worried. we have them in bds this year.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
From what I can tell they are struggling with their OL to go with not having an elite RB. LSU's defense is definitely above average but their #90 was living in Auburn's backfield the week they played and he probably improved any draft status he already had. LOL! I also remember a lot of other OL goof ups that game and Stidham having to move out of the pocket a lot. Even if Gus gets the OL "fixed", his bread and butter will not come from the running game like it normally does. He simply doesn't have the talent at that position this season. It's at the WR position.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Auburn is good when they have a good OL and dominant RB. Good WRs and a good QB are secondary to that. Right now AU doesn't have a good OL or dominant RB so they're not that worrisome.

Last year through 4 games Kerryon Johnson had 504 yards rushing and 12 TDs on the ground.

In 2013 through 4 games Tre Mason had 304 yards rushing and 4 TDs.

Tre Mason started off kind of slow and then got better and better. Auburn can do that again this year. I wouldn't write them off completely yet. If they still can't run the ball effectively by late October then you can write them off.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.