Injury report

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Hopefully it won't get as bad as last year. Sounds like Dazon should be back soon. I also read where the wrist that Donta hurt late last season was taped but that might be just a preventive measure to keep from re-injuring it.
I don't know if Bama has ever made it through a season without injuries. Seems like there are usually some significant ones (i.e. specific player or type of injury).

Anyone:

At this point, barring any loss of players during the season, is it likely that Wood will redshirt?

I don't know much about his game. Did he score in high school as a shooter or score more driving to the basket?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I don't know if Bama has ever made it through a season without injuries. Seems like there are usually some significant ones (i.e. specific player or type of injury).

Anyone:

At this point, barring any loss of players during the season, is it likely that Wood will redshirt?

I don't know much about his game. Did he score in high school as a shooter or score more driving to the basket?
I don't have the exact quote from Coach Johnson but he more or less said that it was almost a given that Diante Wood would redshirt given that he probably will not be back from the injury until February. Wood is considered to be a shooting guard. The only game I saw that he played in was the championship game and he scored from outside and inside. It appeared to me that he played inside more than he did outside but he was able to do both and he hit several 3's. He had a very smooth shot and was very accurate from what I saw. However, he played mostly against 1A competition in high school so it's not realistic to expect him to come into the SEC and contribute immediately.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Woods Red-shirting is probably the best thing at this point anyway. I am really excited about this season. I think we'll be pretty good even with a deeper SEC. I am hearing Tavon Austin will be a stud this season.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I don't have the exact quote from Coach Johnson but he more or less said that it was almost a given that Diante Wood would redshirt given that he probably will not be back from the injury until February. Wood is considered to be a shooting guard. The only game I saw that he played in was the championship game and he scored from outside and inside. It appeared to me that he played inside more than he did outside but he was able to do both and he hit several 3's. He had a very smooth shot and was very accurate from what I saw. However, he played mostly against 1A competition in high school so it's not realistic to expect him to come into the SEC and contribute immediately.
I didn't see your post just before mine or else I wouldn't have asked about the red-shirting. Still would have asked about his game so thanks for the good information.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Yes. My mistake. I think he may be able to score at the same clip as Sexton did last year at times. I am not sure he'll be a consistent, but I think he'll be good. Also. look for Galin Smith to get more minutes this year. He started to make his way into the rotation at the end of the year and he could be a huge difference maker. He is a big strong body in the middle that could collect the garbage on the boards.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.