Free agency in CFB has began
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Free agency in CFB has begun

Kelly Bryant and etc. Nick Saban forewarned everyone what was about to happen with these changes. We are one High profile transfer to Bama away from it going away though.
    Last edited by jambama1; September 26th, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

BamaNation All-American

Re: Free agency in CFB has began

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Kelly Bryant and etc. Nick Saban forewarned everyone what was about to happen with these changes. We are one High profile transfer to Bama away from it going away though.
    Yep. That`ll bring it to a screeching halt for sure. That simply will not be tolerated, particularly if it happens right in the middle of this run we`ve been on with CNS.

Does Ray Guy have a son probably now his grandson in school somewhere?

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

We got really spoiled having J. K. Scott around for 4 years so give Skylar DeLong a chance. It's not like he has had that many opportunities to punt with Tua being so dominant. He wouldn't be playing for Coach Saban if he wasn't good, so let him be, be supportive, and he'll improve.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    We got really spoiled having J. K. Scott around for 4 years so give Skylar DeLong a chance. It's not like he has had that many opportunities to punt with Tua being so dominant. He wouldn't be playing for Coach Saban if he wasn't good, so let him be, be supportive, and he'll improve.
    We have the best ST coach in CFB, so I am sure we will see improvement...

BamaNation All-American

Re: Free agency in CFB has begun

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    If I were a betting man (I am not), I would bet that the barn has already been in contact and eventually Bryant ends up in the plainest village on the whatever...

BamaNation Second Team Bamabirdie's Avatar

The law of unintended consequences strikes again.
    The original reasons for the four-game rule were sound, but now it has gone in a completely different direction.
    We should feel fortunate and pleased that CNS was able to keep Jalen "in the game" and fighting to get his position back.
    Jalen is still way less of a passer than Tua, but he has improved, and it's great to have him in the bullpen.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    If I were a betting man (I am not), I would bet that the barn has already been in contact and eventually Bryant ends up in the plainest village on the whatever...
    Indeed. Malzahn sews salt into every quarterback he coaches for more than two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabirdie View Post
    The law of unintended consequences strikes again.
    The original reasons for the four-game rule were sound, but now it has gone in a completely different direction.
    We should feel fortunate and pleased that CNS was able to keep Jalen "in the game" and fighting to get his position back.
    Jalen is still way less of a passer than Tua, but he has improved, and it's great to have him in the bullpen.
    What if Jalen is content to graduate, stay on, and redshirt next year and just receive coaching from Enos. Run the scout team all year and get pro style coaching. Not likely, but the thought did cross my mind.

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    What if Jalen is content to graduate, stay on, and redshirt next year and just receive coaching from Enos. Run the scout team all year and get pro style coaching. Not likely, but the thought did cross my mind.

He's too much of a competitor to do that...

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    He's too much of a competitor to do that...
    Agreed. Jalen will get another natty ring then go play QB his last year. He will get drafted as an athlete and hopefully find a position in the League.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Agreed. Jalen will get another natty ring then go play QB his last year. He will get drafted as an athlete and hopefully find a position in the League.
    Personally, I hope it turns out that way. Kid`s earned it IMO.

BamaNation All-SEC

A lot of people say that they Aubs will look for a transfer qb to follow Stidham, but they have the Nix kid in the fold as well as a guy who was a four star (iirc) but played baseball for awhile. Maybe they do try to pull a grad transfer for one year before handing it over to Nix, but if he is as good as most of them think he will be that'd just be a waste of one of his years.

rtr