Link: Tennesse HS Athletic Director put on leave for blaming girls for dress codes.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This really isn't a political article but I'm almost certain it will end up as one so I'll save the mods a clicky-clicky on the moderation tab and go ahead and put it here. Tennessee HS AD gets put on leave for saying "girls ruin everything" regarding placing a ban on athletic shorts. He then gets put on leave.

This guy had to know he was going to be put on leave before this came out of his mouth.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/24808285/soddy-daisy-high-school-ad-jared-hensley-put-leave-saying-girls-pretty-much-ruin-everything-video-address

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
This article would be much more satisfying if there were any attempt to explain HOW he thinks girls ruined something, and argue against that, rather than make the story the consequences of violating the unsaid assumption that such a thing couldn't possibly be true.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
This article would be much more satisfying if there were any attempt to explain HOW he thinks girls ruined something, and argue against that, rather than make the story the consequences of violating the unsaid assumption that such a thing couldn't possibly be true.
I would like to think it was tongue in cheek, but that's not an excuse for saying it.

If you've seen girls workout or running shorts you know that on the right female they would be a distraction to boys facing puberty. Again, not an excuse for their behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I would like to think it was tongue in cheek, but that's not an excuse for saying it.

If you've seen girls workout or running shorts you know that on the right female they would be a distraction to boys facing puberty. Again, not an excuse for their behavior.

I wish the guy would have actually (like cbi1972 said) explained why and how he thinks the girls "ruined" wearing athletic shorts for the boys rather than making a shotgun style "You know what's wrong with this country?" type statement. I'm going out on a limb here. But if I'm guessing, the reason athletic shorts had to be altogether banned is because the school was or felt like they were unable to tell a female that how her shorts fit was out of line or too revealing without getting into legal trouble. Seeing that there have been schools within the last year or so who have drawn legal issues when making an attempt to enforce dress code policies against female students. The ironic thing is this guy's statement basically put the school in the exact same situation or potentially could have if they hadn't of taken action against him.

I've worked for several companies who chose to do away with altogether things like "casual Friday" or "jean day" rather than call the one or two ladies in whose "casual" dress attire was a little too casual (and revealing). They took this route because it was the path of least resistance and easiest way to avoid potential PR problems. It is easier for the company to simply do away with the entire thing (in other words "ruin it for everybody") than call the one or two in who are abusing it and run the risk of some sort of discrimination case.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I wish the guy would have actually (like cbi1972 said) explained why and how he thinks the girls "ruined" wearing athletic shorts for the boys rather than making a shotgun style "You know what's wrong with this country?" type statement. I'm going out on a limb here. But if I'm guessing, the reason athletic shorts had to be altogether banned is because the school was or felt like they were unable to tell a female that how her shorts fit was out of line or too revealing without getting into legal trouble. Seeing that there have been schools within the last year or so who have drawn legal issues when making an attempt to enforce dress code policies against female students. The ironic thing is this guy's statement basically put the school in the exact same situation or potentially could have if they hadn't of taken action against him.

I've worked for several companies who chose to do away with altogether things like "casual Friday" or "jean day" rather than call the one or two ladies in whose "casual" dress attire was a little too casual (and revealing). They took this route because it was the path of least resistance and easiest way to avoid potential PR problems. It is easier for the company to simply do away with the entire thing (in other words "ruin it for everybody") than call the one or two in who are abusing it and run the risk of some sort of discrimination case.
You're most likely right. It's the way society has become.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Does anyone really have an issue with what he said other than, "Oh, you can't say that kind of stuff"? This is just the school board making sure they fall in line as they fear that someone may be offended and they want to protect themselves.

I thought it was pretty funny. Good thing my teachers and coaches didn't have video...

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Does anyone really have an issue with what he said other than, "Oh, you can't say that kind of stuff"? This is just the school board making sure they fall in line as they fear that someone may be offended and they want to protect themselves.

I thought it was pretty funny. Good thing my teachers and coaches didn't have video...
Yep, this is exactly what it is and it's sad because of the inconvenience it causes other people. But, I completely understand why the school board took this route. It simply isn't worth the headache and negative PR crap storm that would almost certainly ensue.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

My office doesn't have a casual Friday either. It seems the younger female interns are to blame for this. They do not mind if occasionally we wear jeans, if we were previously out in the field on a job site and then came back to the office. I am in jeans today and will be again tomorrow.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I just don't think athletic shorts hide massive erections for high school boys because the girls butts are hanging out of theirs...man, I do miss high school. ;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
My office doesn't have a casual Friday either. It seems the younger female interns are to blame for this. They do not mind if occasionally we wear jeans, if we were previously out in the field on a job site and then came back to the office. I am in jeans today and will be again tomorrow.
At one of the places I worked that management stopped "jean"/casual day" it was nothing more than a jealous cat fight that ended it for us. We had two interns from La Tech working in our office for six months. All the other women were long removed from being "interns from La Tech" and I think was simply jealous of them. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks as to what ultimately happened to end "jean/casual day". LOL! The guys sure did miss Friday's and strangely enough "jean day" was reinstated about a month after the two interns' left. "Jean day" just never was the same when the interns left. ;)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yes, but I miss college more. Good lawd at the shawt shawts!!!!
#metoo (remember, a rise in the Levis as a result of a girl being scantly dressed now represents harassment & degradation. It has nothing to do with the physiological reaction to seeing one of the opposite sex whom you deem attractive, but is, in fact, an aggressive response to an otherwise benign activity that makes women no longer feel safe around men)

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
you may want to slow your roll there a little, chief.

We had a bus driver in high school that drove the 11-12 graders to tech school that we called Beulah Ballbreaker that looked identical to her (plus about 100 pounds). She had the same demeanor as Ms Ballbricker too!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.