Upsets for week 5

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Can you imagine if this happens. It would mean we beat a ranked team 62-7

I don't think it will though.
I'm not totally sold on the upset, but this is a weekly thread I like to participate in and the object is to pick an upset. So this is the best call I got.

Reasons I'm thinking its possible:

1) Ole Miss passing- Auburn proved that the pass is there. Yeah I know its a crazy comparison because its Auburn vs Ole Miss, but I believe Ole Miss is going to put over 300 yards through the air vs LSU. Ole Miss probably has one of the most potentially dangerous offenses in the SEC when they are on

2) LSU's offense- A lot can be said about how bad Ole Miss's defense is, but very little is given on how bad LSU's offense is. Comparing LSU's offense to the 4 other teams Ole Miss has faced LSU ranks 4th out of 5. Only Kent St has a worse offense

3) Ole Miss has nothing to lose- Sometimes when a team has a load of talent and is banned form the postseason they play over their head and win games they aren't suppose to. I think Saturday night could be one of those nights where Ole Miss plays lose and gambles. They could score too many points for Burrow to keep up

4) LSU is a team going through the motions- LSU has won 3 out of their 4 games on talent alone, and the other off luck. If this game becomes a shootout then they are in serious trouble.

5) The Coach Oeaux effect- He is going to cost them a game, and we all know it. I personally think they lose in the Swamp next week because he is going to try to out X and O Mullen, but if the Ole Miss game is close then I believe he loses this game too.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not totally sold on the upset, but this is a weekly thread I like to participate in and the object is to pick an upset. So this is the best call I got.
Just to clarify, the main point of my post was just to say that it would be pretty incredible if this happens because it would likely force Ole Miss into the top 25. Which, would mean we would have a 62-7 win over a top 25 team.

I get the point of the thread and have no problem with people picking whatever upset they want.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I get the point of the thread and have no problem with people picking whatever upset they want.
I didn't think you had an issue with it. It was a more of " Well.... if I have to" kinda remark directed at this bad week of games

Just to clarify, the main point of my post was just to say that it would be pretty incredible if this happens because it would likely force Ole Miss into the top 25. Which, would mean we would have a 62-7 win over a top 25 team.
If they do then they should, but I'm unsure if they will be because of their probation.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.