Game Thread: Ohio St vs Penn St

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
If he's considered a defenseless player then it only requires "forcible contact to the head or neck area." The defender clearly made forcible contact to the receiver's head with his shoulder. Apparently, since he was "going down" that makes him defenseless.

So, apparently, it's 100% the correct call based upon how the rule is written.

Whether it's written properly, however...
The frustrating thing to me is the revolving definition of a defenseless player. I’ve seen a similar situation as that one get overturned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
His helmet did not touch the receiver
Correct. If the player is ruled as defenseless and you make forcible contact with any part of your body on his head it is targeting. They ruled him as defenseless so it’s the right call.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I would love for us to be able to play Ohio State in the playoff but it is so hard to pull for them. I hope Penn State can keep the momentum.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
McSorely is a good regular season QB. He’s yet to lead PSU to any type of championship. With that said, I could see him having a Baker Mayfield type season and winning the Heisman. Penn State would be very mediocre without him. They’re a pretty good team with him.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Correct. If the player is ruled as defenseless and you make forcible contact with any part of your body on his head it is targeting. They ruled him as defenseless so it’s the right call.

I never said it was the wrong call based on the rule. Just saying its pathetic you cant tackle anymore. Start calling targeting when a 240 RB lowers the crown of his head into a 180 DB. Thats no less defensless. No ejection should occur if there is no intent. If you want to throw a flag for helmet to helmet to defenseless fine. What if a defenders knee hits direct to his helmet on that same play. Is that going to be called targeting? According to the rule it has to be. Stupid rule needs lots of correcting.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
Wondering if CUM is regretting choosing the freshman over Burrow?

Burrow isn’t a heisman candidate, but he is a “game manager”.

Could that be all they need with all the other talent on the team?

Or at least put in the backup, who has experience and is mobile.

Thoughts?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.