Poll: Would you ever pull for Tennessee or Auburn to win the SEC for conference pride?

Could You do it for conference pride?

• Total voters

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As many of you know, I'm not an SEC fan. I dislike some worse than others, but absolutely hate Tennessee. But it seems that many have this sense of conference pride, and hopes the conference to reign supreme if Alabama cant. Ive seen folks openly pull for Auburn over Washington, and Tennessee over WVU. I just cant do that. I have a dislike for Nebraska, and Ive only pulled for them 4 times in my life, and it was against Auburn and Tennessee. I will never pull for either unless they were playing one another, to which I wish they would both lose, and then begrudgingly pull for Auburn.

I ran by a video of a Vol fan's reaction (BVD cant link due to language) to the 2016 TSIO game to which he said " A fellow Vol fan told him that we will have to play them again in Atlanta to which that Vol Fan said he would be in a dilemma of choosing conference pride over his love for Tennessee" It pretty much reaffirmed my dislike to the cheering for the conference stance because I would rather see no team, especially not Auburn and Tennessee win it all.

SO here is a hypothetical (Ill keep Alabama out of the equation):

- There is one playoff up for grab
- Bama was eliminated from the division race
- Tennessee is 11-1 playing aTm 7-5 in the SECCG / Auburn is 11-1 playing Kentucky 7-5 SECCG
- Tennessee/Auburn win and their in otherwise Notre Dame gets the last playoff spot with a loss by either

Would you pull for either to get in so the SEC could represent in or would you rather ND get that last playoff spot over those two. Basically its the 2001 SECCG and 2010 SECCG dilemma.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The only way I would actually root for either of them in a game is because the impact it would have on us. I know many fans feel differently about that but if them winning helps us then I want it. I care more about Bama football succeeding than either of them failing.

Last edited:

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
To me they are just other teams that Bama needs to beat, I don't hate them but I definitely don't like them. I've never been a RA RA go SEC!

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
- There is one playoff up for grab
- Bama was eliminated from the division race
- Tennessee is 11-1 playing aTm 7-5 in the SECCG / Auburn is 11-1 playing Kentucky 7-5
- Tennessee/Auburn win and their in otherwise Notre Dame gets the last playoff spot with a loss by either
You had to choose ND huh?
Your statement above means I have to root for both in order to keep ND out.
While I have no problem rooting for the barn to keep the tarnished domers out of the playoffs (oh how I would revel in their crying), as long as Phatimus is associated with UT, I could never root for the vols.
Now, had you chosen a team like UCF then I would root for both to lose. With UCF in the playoffs, they'd either be destroyed or prove their metal. Either way is good for me.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
speaking of Tennessee, they've had 4 winning seasons in the last 10 years, and Butch Jones was coach for 3 of those years.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Your statement above means I have to root for both in order to keep ND out.
Well it was two different scenarios, not one. Scenario 1: Tennessee vs aTm SECCG; Scenario 2: Auburn vs Kentucky SECCG. A better way to put it would be " Would you cheer for either to represent the SEC in the playoffs to keep Notre Dame out"

You had to choose ND huh?

Now, had you chosen a team like UCF then I would root for both to lose. With UCF in the playoffs, they'd either be destroyed or prove their metal. Either way is good for me.
I had to make it harder of a choice because you have to choose one evil over the other. Had I said tOSU folks would be like Urban is a better option. If I said Clemson it would be "Dabo is a Bama boy". Had I said UCF it would be like " They would lose 1st round anyway". Notre Dame takes a little more thought because there is a hatred amongst Bama fans.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, you have created an interesting dilemma. I hate Tennessee, mainly because of what Phil did to BAMA. I didn't really hate them before Fulmer came along. I've always hated Auburn, and that got worse after Cam and the kick six. But then you throw Notre Dame in there as the winner if we kick Tennessee and Auburn out. It's like okay, would you like a hanging, a firing squad, or the guillotine. There is no good option, but overall, I would say keep the orange out of it, and if ND goes, at least I have a bad guy to root against in the playoffs. Krymsonman

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.