Most Pressing Deficiency to Address

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Running game will be fine interior has some,issues finding their assigments at second level, but if you have paid attention when,we pull the guards on runs we move the ball, just haven't done that enough to this point. Haven't had too.

The issue that i think may,not imprive this season is tackling. Its a concern even with some first team guys. Its especially noticeable when 2nd team comes in.

Mack seems to struggle a bit getting the coverages called in. It may be another year before hes able to do it like Rolando or cj or rueben. If theres a reason for him sto stick around thats it. Im also worried tosh may not be the best at getting his across (at least bot how Kirby and Pruitt did)

Depth on defenseive front will not get better this year. It is what it is, and its a concern if we end up,in a close game.

Offense should make up for all these issues this year as they are playing out of their minds. But next year we will need a very effective freshman unit or a great off-season to fix some issues.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Student section 1) showing up and 2) staying for 4 complete quarters.

Roll Tide!
This does suck. But cant blame them when we shut it down after the half.

Would like to see some creative ideas to keep the students in the stands.

-Maybe start having some post game concerts with some hot artist.

-Give out free food in the 4th QTR to the students.

-All students who stay to the end of the game get free tickets to next game.

I am sure there are lots of other ideas.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I thought the tickets were free already?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Kicking game, both punting and place kicking.

At this point Alabama's punting is the worst in college football. Yes, they very worst in all of college football. It's almost like spotting the other team a first down every time you punt. If you get into a field possession battle, you get into trouble fairly quickly with that kind of punting.

Then there's place kicking. If we just block the 3 missed extra points out of our minds, Alabama is now 5/9 on field goals. So if Alabama gets trapped into a low scoring game where they get kept out of the end zone, well... we've seen this movie before.
They may be now. Never were very much before.
My understanding is that those empty seats are a result of students who have tickets not showing up at all. Their bad, and no one else is to blame. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's how that works. The only time I find something like that justifiable is when it falls during a period of time where students are out of town.

To me the resolution is to take their tickets and give them to someone willing to show up.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
1. We gave up 14 points. That's bad. We gave up 23 last week. That was worse. We have to improve against Arkansas and that 6'7" QB who should be playing Tight End. Doesn't he weigh about 260 lbs? Can't you see little DBs trying to bring down Goliath?!? Can they use sling shots? Would that be illegal?
2. We were OUTSCORED 14 to 7 in the 2nd half on Saturday. That is Horrendous! Defense, you MUST improve. 3rd String Offense, YOU just Gotta improve!
3. Missed 2 Field Goals!!!!!!! However, I will give that guy a C+ for Kickoffs.
4. At least we did NOT have to PUNT. Now lets complete the season NOT having to PUNT. So, this could be a deficiency IF we have to PUNT! I EXPECT a TD or FG on EVERY possession that Alabama's Offense has the ball. The Objective for the OFFENSE is to be very OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!
5. How many penalties did we get? Uh! That's tooooooo many!
6. Coaches, stop getting more than 6 hours sleep every night. We must have our players better prepared!!!!!!!

RTR!!!!!!!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

No, no, and no.:eek2:
Why do you need anymore than Bama football?

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
No, no, and no.:eek2:
Why do you need anymore than Bama football?
I think you are out of touch with reality today. You do realize we are removing seats and tearing down parts of the stadiums in order to put in a jumbotron and more amenities. This is reality. You better offer everything including the kitchen sink or fans will stay home.

Tucker13

Feb 13, 2017
1. At somw point the inability or at least the confidence we can kick a field goal to win the game will be an issue.

2. OL block well providing Tua a clean pocket to pass but they are not run blockers. Every team we have played smothers our run game. OK the RB's are gaining yards but more on sheer ability vs sound blocking. That issue usually improves by the time we hit the hard part of the schedule. The line seemed better with Womack back in sealing the edges.
3. LB play especially covereing the edges seems to be an issue. Depth on the D is an issue. You can see that when the reserves are in and unable to stock the opponent. Best cure is experience.
4. Watched almost every team play at some point this weekend. If Tua continues his path there is not one team that I saw that can stay with us for a full game. OSU was horrible against a weak PSU. Clemson is just average without Trevor. Dabo should have taken the Saban route with his QB's. That mistake might be his undoing. Fromm is a good QB but UGA seems one dimensional at WR where Hardeman is their go to guy. They have a Ridley but he does not seem as prolific as his brother. UGA would still be a tough out.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I am going with the Linebacking corp. They are pressing incorrectly on run plays and not flowing to the runner. They are struggling keeping blockers at arms length, reading the angle of attack, and then shedding their blocker. LSU and Auburn will run all over us is this is not fixed

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I am going with the Linebacking corp. They are pressing incorrectly on run plays and not flowing to the runner. They are struggling keeping blockers at arms length, reading the angle of attack, and then shedding their blocker. LSU and Auburn will run all over us is this is not fixed
LSU and AU haven't run over anybody else, but they are going to run over our D? Ok...

LSU is ranked 12th in the SEC 4.4 YPC and Auburn is 13th with 4.2 YPC.

RK TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG TD YDS/G
1 Miss State 183 1095 6.0 52 13 219.0
2 Georgia 210 1252 6.0 72 13 250.4
3 Kentucky 220 1271 5.8 55 16 254.2
4 Texas A&M 212 1161 5.5 73 12 232.2
5 Alabama 204 1087 5.3 43 12 217.4
6 Florida 165 874 5.3 68 6 174.8
7 Ole Miss 165 851 5.2 65 10 170.2
8 So. Car 141 718 5.1 29 5 179.5
9 Vanderbilt 171 816 4.8 78 8 163.2
10 Missouri 173 772 4.5 52 8 193.0
11 LSU 216 960 4.4 50 13 192.0
12 Tennessee 211 886 4.2 81 10 177.2
13 Auburn 214 893 4.2 26 13 178.6
14 Arkansas 186 709 3.8 68 6 141.8

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
1. We gave up 14 points. That's bad. We gave up 23 last week. That was worse. We have to improve against Arkansas and that 6'7" QB who should be playing Tight End. Doesn't he weigh about 260 lbs? Can't you see little DBs trying to bring down Goliath?!? Can they use sling shots? Would that be illegal?
2. We were OUTSCORED 14 to 7 in the 2nd half on Saturday. That is Horrendous! Defense, you MUST improve. 3rd String Offense, YOU just Gotta improve!
3. Missed 2 Field Goals!!!!!!! However, I will give that guy a C+ for Kickoffs.
4. At least we did NOT have to PUNT. Now lets complete the season NOT having to PUNT. So, this could be a deficiency IF we have to PUNT! I EXPECT a TD or FG on EVERY possession that Alabama's Offense has the ball. The Objective for the OFFENSE is to be very OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!
5. How many penalties did we get? Uh! That's tooooooo many!
6. Coaches, stop getting more than 6 hours sleep every night. We must have our players better prepared!!!!!!!

RTR!!!!!!!
I guess if we get any worse we just may as well drop the football program. We're the worst #1 ranked football team in the history of college football.

This team is playing pretty well to be as young as we are in certain positions and given the coaching turnover. Only one game so far that we haven't scored 50+. What's the average point margin?

The sky ain't fallin'. Are there some areas we can improve? Sure. But ask yourself this: Would you rather be a fan of any other team right now?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.