"Doesn't It Get Boring" - All The Winning (My Dinner With a Longhorn)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
First off, let me send my apologies to those who have wives not invested in college football, more specifically Alabama football.

This is a picture the wife took. It was of us holding hands last December, moments before they announced the #4 spot on the college football playoffs. Note the coloring of my hand as it's being squeezed.

When they said Bama, you would have thought Ed McMahon was at our front door. The only time that was screamed louder was the final play of the National Championship.

The stress we feel pre/during games is ridiculous. I'm sick to my stomach miserable most of the time, and she's not much better. This has been the single most enjoyable season of our lives.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Looks like a death grip... :D

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Being a WINNER never gets old.
What does get old is getting your butt beat.

To me the question suggest he settles for average... WHY.

bat123

All-American
Last year my Air Force buddy from long ago (huge Longhorn fan) brought the wife and I gave them my Tennessee tickets and I went with my brother in law. We met up at the tail gate and the first words out of his mouth was "Y'all are about to win another National Championship" I smiled and said "I know". We had a great week end catching up form many years past. When they were leaving I told his wife "I was so happy they came and I wanted you to know what winning felt like". He gave me tons of grief about Texas buying Coach Saban when all the crap was going on, I smiled and told him "You gotta better chance of seeing the lord" It's GREAT to be a Bama fan!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
New players each year, new gameplans...the only thing that's boring is the placekicking.

tidegrandpa

All-American
My son in laws Dad, (Texas Tea Sip) said same thing to me (isn't it boring?). He's a big baseball nut, so I asked him "didn't you just sit through every inning of a 1-0 baseball game and call it a great pitching dual?"
He sheepishly agreed and saw my point, (he said he did anyway).

Been kicked in the privates by many a Bama game outcome between Coach Bryant and Saban, (Stallings excluded), never seen anything like this bunch, I appreciate every minute.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.