Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes) - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

Frost had a good situation at UCF but mama called and he went home. He has no talent at UN so time will tell if he can get it done.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Next 3 games:

UCLA:

Washington
    @Cal
    Arizona

Nebraska:

@ Wisconsin
    @ NW
    Minnesota

I'm going to say Chip looks in better position to get his 1st win than Frosty
    I'll go with Nebraska over Minnesota. Minnesota has another "Golden Boy" HC not doing so well. [ Edit ] I had Minnesota confused with Maryland, who did whip Minnesota 42-13, so it could still happen for Frost.
    Last edited by Redwood Forrest; September 30th, 2018 at 11:51 AM.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    I'll go with Nebraska over Minnesota. Minnesota has another "Golden Boy" HC not doing so well.
    Out of the 3 games for Nebraska I would say that is the most winnable for Nebraska, but I tend to say Minnesota beats them by 10. Nebraska just got boatraced by Purdue, and I just think they might be the worst program in the country this year. I say Bethune Cookman is the only for sure win Nebraska has on their schedule, and even that is 70% for sure to me.

I think Chip gets atleast 1 out of Cal and Arizona if not both, so I think he beats Frost to the win column.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

With the apparent lack of talent in Lincoln, and NU's past, poor performance in recent years should make us thankful that Mike Riley did not hear mama calling.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"Get off my lawn." Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    With the apparent lack of talent in Lincoln, and NU's past, poor performance in recent years should make us thankful that Mike Riley did not hear mama calling.
    He was always that odd name that you know is connected to the program, but didn't really make enough of an impression to hope to see him back in that situation. Its like when you remember Vince Vaughan started out in drama and action before moving to comedy.

I don't know why anyone except Oregon St in the P5 would ever consider him for a head coaching job.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Out of the 3 games for Nebraska I would say that is the most winnable for Nebraska, but I tend to say Minnesota beats them by 10. Nebraska just got boatraced by Purdue, and I just think they might be the worst program in the country this year. I say Bethune Cookman is the only for sure win Nebraska has on their schedule, and even that is 70% for sure to me.

I think Chip gets atleast 1 out of Cal and Arizona if not both, so I think he beats Frost to the win column.
    I had Minnesota confused with Maryland, but Minnesota looks awful against Maryland but the tune of losing 13-42. So, it still could happen but I think I will edit that reply.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Scott Frost talks about how undisciplined the Huskers have been and what direction they're moving in after Purdue on Sept. 29, 2018....

FB|BB Moderator

Guys, this could be Nick Saban in 2007.

Today, Frost is 43, and in his second HC position, first in Power 5. In 2007, Nick Saban was 56, and in his third P5 HC position, fourth collegiate position, and fifth counting the NFL.

Point being, Saban was going through these exact same emotions, for the exact same reasons, as Frost is today. He was just more experienced and polished at handling the issues in front of the major league press.

Look, I'm well aware of Frost's reputation for confidence bleeding over into cocky hubris. But I see a humbled man. One who, for the first time, has encountered a material minority of his team who doesn't see life, let alone football, in remotely the same way he does.

Like Saban, when he's talking discipline, he's not talking about just keeping your name out of the police blotter, though that's certainly included. He's also talking about stupid mental mistakes. Dancing on the sideline while you're down 13-0. Not going to class. Not being faithful in workouts. Just not approaching life in general with a sense of accountability.

Did anybody notice the mention of respecting people in supporting roles -- specifically servers in the chow line? I promise you, one of more players dissed one or more servers, simply because they could, and because it was tolerated in previous regimes. That's the same mentality as beating children, or women, or abusing animals. It's lording authority at a physical level because you have it over someone who has no way to assert themselves. Frost either witnessed it or heard about it, and was embarrassed at a personal level.

He's genuinely perplexed. He's citing specific examples of knucklehead behavior. He's citing, by name, specific players who are getting the repeated message and doing it right. Frost is trying to change a culture, which I can tell you is no small task, and he's using the media to get his message out. He's not as practiced and polished as Saban, but I promise you, he'll get there.

I'm changing my mind about this guy.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; September 30th, 2018 at 08:26 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

I do too. He is a good one. I think, though, recruiting players to Nebraska is going to be as tall or taller a mountain than getting the focus and discipline he will eventual arrive at.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post

Today, Frost is 43, and in his second HC position, first in Power 5. In 2007, Nick Saban was 56, and in his third P5 HC position, fourth overall. Not to mention extensive experience in coaching the NFL, at both the assistant and HC levels.

Point being, Saban was going through these exact same emotions, for the exact same reasons, as Frost is today. He was just a little more experienced and polished at handling the issues in front of the major league press.

Look, I'm well aware of Frost's reputation for confidence bleeding over into cocky hubris. But I see a humbled man. One who, for the first time, has encountered a material minority of his team who doesn't see life, let alone football, in remotely the same way he does.

Like Saban, when he's talking discipline, he's not talking about just keeping your name out of the police blotter, though that's certainly included. He's also talking about stupid mental mistakes. Dancing on the sideline while you're down 13-0. Not going to class. Not being faithful in workouts. Just not approaching life in general with a sense of accountability.

He's genuinely perplexed. He's citing specific examples of knucklehead behavior. He's citing, by name, specific players who are getting the repeated message and doing it right. Frost is trying to change a culture, which I can tell you is no small task, and he's using the media to get his message out. He's not as practiced and polished as Saban, but I promise you, he'll get there.

I like this guy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I like Frost also, but he has one hell of an uphill climb. If you have never inherited a piece of crap company and tried to change the culture then you cannot know what he is going through. There is no one size fits all owner's manual to tell you what and how to do it. You have to have your value system, the courage to implement and enforce it, and that may not be enough to change attitudes and get a total buy in. It ain't easy and it is easy to be a critic.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"Get off my lawn." Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post

Today, Frost is 43, and in his second HC position, first in Power 5. In 2007, Nick Saban was 56, and in his third P5 HC position, fourth collegiate position, and fifth counting the NFL.

Point being, Saban was going through these exact same emotions, for the exact same reasons, as Frost is today. He was just more experienced and polished at handling the issues in front of the major league press.

Did anybody notice the mention of respecting people in supporting roles -- specifically servers in the chow line? I promise you, one of more players dissed one or more servers, simply because they could, and because it was tolerated in previous regimes. That's the same mentality as beating children, or women, or abusing animals. It's lording authority at a physical level because you have it over someone who has no way to assert themselves. Frost either witnessed it or heard about it, and was embarrassed at a personal level.

I'm changing my mind about this guy.
    Meh. He is still 0-4 with 1 respectable loss. If he was this great coach that everyone believes then he wouldnít have lost the team by game 4 or get blown out like he has. I think he looks like a totally lost assistant coach trying to act like a head coach. I just think he is 4 years and out imo
    Last edited by 81usaf92; September 30th, 2018 at 08:43 PM.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I think Frost will eventually have Nebraska respectable again. Whether he can bring them back to national prominence, I don't know.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    Who was it that compared Frost to Saban???
    The village idiot, Tim Brando.

Scott Frost ainít ever going to be Nick Saban at Nebraska. Iím not even sure Nick Saban could be Nick Saban at Nebraska.