Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 67
  1. #40
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hopewell, VA
    Posts
    3,384

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Nebraska had a first rate coach in Frank Solich...tough luck.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19,750

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    Nebraska had a first rate coach in Frank Solich...tough luck.
    Running him off has worked out to be an absolutely horrible decision.

  4. #42
    BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    381

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Running him off has worked out to be an absolutely horrible decision.
    Nebraska has made a succession of bad hires since then.

    The Bill Calllahan era ended in disaster.

    Bo Pelini was a decent coordinator, but over his head as a head coach. Could not control his emotions. Turned off the media and the fan base with his boorish behavior.

    Mike Riley was a bad fit for a team that wanted to compete for Big 10 conference titles. His teams were poorly conditioned, and last year's team just quit.

    Scott Frost won a lot of games at UCF. But I still think winning games in that conference is no comparison to a Big Boy conference. Yeah, they beat Auburn, but bowl games without national title consequences tend to be exhibitions.

    The only time I saw UCF play was in their conference title game. I thought I was watching a basketball game. 56-48 or something like that.

  5. #43
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    18,881

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    Nebraska has made a succession of bad hires since then.

    The Bill Calllahan era ended in disaster.

    Bo Pelini was a decent coordinator, but over his head as a head coach. Could not control his emotions. Turned off the media and the fan base with his boorish behavior.

    Mike Riley was a bad fit for a team that wanted to compete for Big 10 conference titles. His teams were poorly conditioned, and last year's team just quit.

    Scott Frost won a lot of games at UCF. But I still think winning games in that conference is no comparison to a Big Boy conference. Yeah, they beat Auburn, but bowl games without national title consequences tend to be exhibitions.

    The only time I saw UCF play was in their conference title game. I thought I was watching a basketball game. 56-48 or something like that.
    It was 62-55 in 2 OT.
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  6. #44
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    36,647

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    It was 62-55 in 2 OT.
    That game featured Memphis (#4 total offense and #2 scoring offense) against UCF (#5 total offense and #1 scoring offense). It was bound to be high scoring. As far as scoring defense goes, Memphis was horrible at #102 (32.5 ppg) while UCF was middle of the road at #52 (25.3 ppg).

    In the regular season matchup, UCF won 40-13.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  7. #45
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,757

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That game featured Memphis (#4 total offense and #2 scoring offense) against UCF (#5 total offense and #1 scoring offense). It was bound to be high scoring. As far as scoring defense goes, Memphis was horrible at #102 (32.5 ppg) while UCF was middle of the road at #52 (25.3 ppg).

    In the regular season matchup, UCF won 40-13.
    UCF also beat South Florida in a wild, high scoring game late in the year. There were literally no defensive stops that I can remember. Nebraska is a tough place to win nowadays. This isn't 1995.

  8. #46
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    5,121

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Anybody catch the part where schools can't restrict in the near future? It says there will be tougher penalties for tampering, but what kind of evidence do you need?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

  9. #47
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    9,304
    Thread Starter

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    Nebraska has made a succession of bad hires since then.

    The Bill Calllahan era ended in disaster.

    Bo Pelini was a decent coordinator, but over his head as a head coach. Could not control his emotions. Turned off the media and the fan base with his boorish behavior.

    Mike Riley was a bad fit for a team that wanted to compete for Big 10 conference titles. His teams were poorly conditioned, and last year's team just quit.

    Scott Frost won a lot of games at UCF. But I still think winning games in that conference is no comparison to a Big Boy conference. Yeah, they beat Auburn, but bowl games without national title consequences tend to be exhibitions.

    The only time I saw UCF play was in their conference title game. I thought I was watching a basketball game. 56-48 or something like that.
    The biggest problem with pelini was that he didnít understand which board members and boosters were his guys and which ones wanted him gone. Remember it was a board member that started releasing tapes after the Wisconsin beat down in Indianapolis that started turning the fans against him. Before that there was a period where he was the second most loved person in Nebraska.

  10. #48
    BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    381

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    The biggest problem with pelini was that he didn’t understand which board members and boosters were his guys and which ones wanted him gone. Remember it was a board member that started releasing tapes after the Wisconsin beat down in Indianapolis that started turning the fans against him. Before that there was a period where he was the second most loved person in Nebraska.
    His post-game pressers were comedy gold. Whether they won the game or not, he'd come up to the podium in a teed-off mood, and bully the members of the press. "That's a stupid question, next!!" He had no tact. But he won 9 games every year. Always had a head-scratcher home loss to an inferior team.

  11. #49
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    9,304
    Thread Starter

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    His post-game pressers were comedy gold. Whether they won the game or not, he'd come up to the podium in a teed-off mood, and bully the members of the press. "That's a stupid question, next!!" He had no tact. But he won 9 games every year. Always had a head-scratcher home loss to an inferior team.
    True, but Husker fans loved him giving it to the press until those tapes came out in 2013.

    I thought Pelini was very entertaining. I think the funniest incident is when he got Tboned by a Nebraska fan in Omaha on signing day.

  12. #50
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vinings, ga., usa
    Posts
    18,881

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    Nebraska had a first rate coach in Frank Solich...tough luck.
    Yeah, but he was only winning 9 games a year.
    Architects do it with models.

    Roll Tide Roll

  13. #51
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19,750

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    His post-game pressers were comedy gold. Whether they won the game or not, he'd come up to the podium in a teed-off mood, and bully the members of the press. "That's a stupid question, next!!" He had no tact. But he won 9 games every year. Always had a head-scratcher home loss to an inferior team.
    In pressers he reminded me of Belichick, Parcells and Saban - intimidating, condescending (and hysterical as long as you were not one of the guys asking questions). On the sidelines he reminded me of Muschamp - totally out of control.

  14. #52
    BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    7,516

    Re: Chip and Frost canít win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    In pressers he reminded me of Belichick, Parcells and Saban - intimidating, condescending (and hysterical as long as you were not one of the guys asking questions). On the sidelines he reminded me of Muschamp - totally out of control.
    He acted just like the guys you mentioned but he didnít have the clout/record to back it up. Whatís he doing these days anyway?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!