Chip and Frost can’t win a game (Nebraska and UCLA woes)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
These have got to be the most hyped hires of the offseason but yet both wear that 0-4 badge to start off their new jobs. I understand there a programs that take time to get back to being competitive, but good lord both of these guys specialize in getting blown out.

I really wonder 1) who gets that 1st win first and 2) who has a better record when the season ends.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
These have got to be the most hyped hires of the offseason but yet both wear that 0-4 badge to start off their new jobs. I understand there a programs that take time to get back to being competitive, but good lord both of these guys specialize in getting blown out.

I really wonder 1) who gets that 1st win first and 2) who has a better record when the season ends.
While I didn't expect either to make a run for the championship yet, I scorched a winning record so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Apparently Nebraska has 38 true freshman, which explains some of their problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
UCF is doing pretty good without Frost. I wonder if maybe he’s having a little buyers remorse.
He had talent within 50 miles capable of competing for a NY6 bowl every year in Orlando. In Nebraska he might not have talent within a hundred miles that can do better than the gator bowl every year. The myth is that he built UCF, but take away that winless year and you can see that UCF has had multiple 10 win seasons since 2004.

I believe Frost inherited a great situation at UCF and he was no better than O’Leary. But for whatever reason people actually believe he is better than many P5 coaches. I’m not convinced that he is better than Neal Brown.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He had talent within 50 miles capable of competing for a NY6 bowl every year in Orlando. In Nebraska he might not have talent within a hundred miles that can do better than the gator bowl every year. The myth is that he built UCF, but take away that winless year and you can see that UCF has had multiple 10 win seasons since 2004.

I believe Frost inherited a great situation at UCF and he was no better than O’Leary. But for whatever reason people actually believe he is better than many P5 coaches. I’m not convinced that he is better than Neal Brown.
He cut his teeth at Oregon so he put up big numbers. Trade a journeyman career in the NFL for his short tenure at UCF and is he much different than Shula?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Next 3 games:

UCLA:

Washington
@Cal
Arizona

Nebraska:

@ Wisconsin
@ NW
Minnesota

I'm going to say Chip looks in better position to get his 1st win than Frosty

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Next 3 games:

UCLA:

Washington
@Cal
Arizona

Nebraska:

@ Wisconsin
@ NW
Minnesota

I'm going to say Chip looks in better position to get his 1st win than Frosty
I'll go with Nebraska over Minnesota. Minnesota has another "Golden Boy" HC not doing so well. [ Edit ] I had Minnesota confused with Maryland, who did whip Minnesota 42-13, so it could still happen for Frost.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll go with Nebraska over Minnesota. Minnesota has another "Golden Boy" HC not doing so well.
Out of the 3 games for Nebraska I would say that is the most winnable for Nebraska, but I tend to say Minnesota beats them by 10. Nebraska just got boatraced by Purdue, and I just think they might be the worst program in the country this year. I say Bethune Cookman is the only for sure win Nebraska has on their schedule, and even that is 70% for sure to me.

I think Chip gets atleast 1 out of Cal and Arizona if not both, so I think he beats Frost to the win column.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
With the apparent lack of talent in Lincoln, and NU's past, poor performance in recent years should make us thankful that Mike Riley did not hear mama calling.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With the apparent lack of talent in Lincoln, and NU's past, poor performance in recent years should make us thankful that Mike Riley did not hear mama calling.
He was always that odd name that you know is connected to the program, but didn't really make enough of an impression to hope to see him back in that situation. Its like when you remember Vince Vaughan started out in drama and action before moving to comedy.

I don't know why anyone except Oregon St in the P5 would ever consider him for a head coaching job.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Out of the 3 games for Nebraska I would say that is the most winnable for Nebraska, but I tend to say Minnesota beats them by 10. Nebraska just got boatraced by Purdue, and I just think they might be the worst program in the country this year. I say Bethune Cookman is the only for sure win Nebraska has on their schedule, and even that is 70% for sure to me.

I think Chip gets atleast 1 out of Cal and Arizona if not both, so I think he beats Frost to the win column.
I had Minnesota confused with Maryland, but Minnesota looks awful against Maryland but the tune of losing 13-42. So, it still could happen but I think I will edit that reply.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Scott Frost talks about how undisciplined the Huskers have been and what direction they're moving in after Purdue on Sept. 29, 2018....

[video=youtube;eaqB-LQy8dA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=601&v=eaqB-LQy8dA[/video]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.