Game Thread: Billy Cannons Versus Archie Mannings (LSU vs Ole Miss)

Bryant0086

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2009
This is a thrashing..... these Rebel receivers can't catch a cold....... actually feel bad for Ta'amu. Burrow isn't going to break any NCAA passing records, but he has changed the LSU offense. He has better wheels than I thought as well. I seriously doubt they can keep up with Georgia for more than a half, but stranger things have happened in the bayou.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This is a thrashing..... these Rebel receivers can't catch a cold....... actually feel bad for Ta'amu. Burrow isn't going to break any NCAA passing records, but he has changed the LSU offense. He has better wheels than I thought as well. I seriously doubt they can keep up with Georgia for more than a half, but stranger things have happened in the bayou.
the gators might get them next week

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Surprised ole miss was able to run a little on lsu.
LSU is solid on both sides of the ball. A little better on defense right now than offense, but they're liable to get better. If they lose one before they play us I'd feel better about our game but I think were at least 2 touchdowns better than them on our worst day. I hope we get the 2:30 game to keep the drunks sweating during the game.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
LSU is solid on both sides of the ball. A little better on defense right now than offense, but they're liable to get better. If they lose one before they play us I'd feel better about our game but I think were at least 2 touchdowns better than them on our worst day. I hope we get the 2:30 game to keep the drunks sweating during the game.
I'll be honest - LSU looks like the second or third best team in the SEC. Normally, I'd worry about them, but as long as Tua is healthy, I just don't see a D that can stop Bama and I don't see an O that can keep up.

Tua might have to play all four quarters at some point, but after decades of watching college football I can say this - I don't recall an offense this explosive, ever. Especially mated with a good / great D.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LSU looks like they are legit. I have to say that I am surprised given their head coach.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll be honest - LSU looks like the second or third best team in the SEC. Normally, I'd worry about them, but as long as Tua is healthy, I just don't see a D that can stop Bama and I don't see an O that can keep up.

Tua might have to play all four quarters at some point, but after decades of watching college football I can say this - I don't recall an offense this explosive, ever. Especially mated with a good / great D.
Ole Miss was probably not beating them regardless, but in the first 4 drives Ole Miss had opportunities to put 28 on them, but the "NWO" dropped sure touchdowns and Ta Mu missed a sure rail touchdown. If LSU's defense gives Alabama that much time and space then we are going to score 40+, and I don't see Burrow scoring over 17 on Bama

LSU looks like they are legit. I have to say that I am surprised given their head coach.
Legit contender for the SEC... No they don't have an offense
Legit contender for the West... only by default
Legit NY6 bowl contender... given that their sure losses have shrunk to 2 then I would say yes

They are probably the 3rd - 5th best team in the SEC, but they are racking up injuries because they don't put folks away when they should. I tend to agree with Phil Savage, "They have a solid 1st string that can compare to some of the better teams in the country, but after that their depth of talent grows thin and even more so worrying is the fact they don't have that NFL receiver and running back they usually have."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Florida seems to be on the upswing, but they scored 13 points against struggling MSU. Even in the swamp, I don't think they will be able score much on LSU's defense.
Yeah but LSU struggled to score 40 against Ole Miss's "great" defense at home. It could be one of those low scoring games where something just bounces one way or the other at the end.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
LSU is about what they were in 2015 before it fell apart for them in November, except their offense is more widely distributed (e.g. they're not just give Fournette the ball) and the QB is better (not saying much). Their defense is legit. And it's a road venue, and they don't get up for anyone more than they do us.

"Could" they beat us? Yeah, because it's gonna be interesting to see a game where Tua has trouble for the first time. Even in the UGA game, he hasn't had any "real" adversity (he threw a bad pick and we got the ball right back, so it was like a two-play delay).

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
We’re a work in progress. Our QB has been practicing with the team for less than 60 days. Think about that for a second. He needs reps, plus we are going to RS Brennan. 2 of our 4 best receivers are true freshman and 1 is a true soph. I think those 3 have nfl potential. We are already playing most of the second string OL.

Our DBs are legit. Greedy shut down DK metcalf, playing man D on him all night. Fulton held Brown in check. Delpit is one of the top safeties in the country. I was a little disappointed in our run D, we need to improve there.

I am pleased O is letting his coaches do their job. Everyone blasted the Ensminger hire at OC, but I like what he is doing and the chemistry so much better than we had with Canada.

I don’t think most LSU fans will disagree Bama is clearly the best team in the country, led by the best QB in CFB. Our hope is we can continue to get better. Can we compete against Bama? That’s a discussion for November. Until then, it’s on to the fighting Bazzas.

I’m enjoying the season so far. That’s what it’s about.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
As a native of Louisiana, I pull for LSU except against Alabama.

I’m having a hard time believing the hype about LSU. I know about the difficult schedule so far, but some of those teams aren’t going to be highly ranked at the end of the year.

And yes, we have played a “cupcake” schedule, however, our halftime Ole Miss numbers were comparable to LSU’S after 60 minutes.

We were 49-7 at halftime and Tua didn’t take one snap in the second half. So we are demolishing the cupcakes In The First Half.

In my opinion, LSU is beating teams on talent, that will not be enough when talent is equal or greater.

The injuries also seem to be piling up, maybe as a result of having to play first string most of the game.

Just my 2 cents.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
An interesting stat that certainly needs to be taken into the context of front end of schedules are stacked with lesser quality opponents. Regardless, LSU has played 4 FBS opponents so far. Their combined record is 14-5 with 4 of those losses against LSU and the other to Bama. Miami and Auburn are 4-1, Ole Miss is 3-2 and LA Tech is 3-1.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.