Auburn vs Southern Mississippi game

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
He’s broken psychically right now. Ends up fleeing for his life to his left on most passing downs because the right side of the line is getting blown up, and has happy feet on the few occasions when it does not and stops looking downfield. Hasn’t been hitting the deep ball. Takes off not looking to gain yardage etc.

But his play is a symptom, not the cause.

Calvin Ashley was a bright spot and he needs to be at RT or RG. Was blowing his assignment off the ball when he came in. Other than that, not many fixes available. This line is just bad.
I would also add that their light weight small RB probably will take a beating and may be pretty banged up before we play them.
Gus's high school offense doesn't work too well without a big strong QB who can run, and a big dominant RB.
Additional problem for Auburn is their Offense gets off the field too fast and their Defense which is very good, will be worn down before we play them.

Alabama should be a fresher team because we have played everybody but the water boy...
If the injury bug stays away we should be in pretty good shape later in the season.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Dub, I don't pay too much attention to non-Bama recruiting, but I though AU had their share of good OL recruits. What's the problem with the OL? Injuries? Some recruits not pan out?
OL, QB and PK are the most difficult positions to evaluate and project because of all of the intangibles (all), mental capacity (QB and OL) and psychological makeup (QB and PK) involved.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.