On This Day In 1922....Alabama Beat Marion Institute, 110-0

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I suspect you'd change your mind if Tua was carted off late in the 4th Q with a broken leg because the other team was still playing hard despite being down by 30 points.

I do agree that actively trying not to score via play calling is boring and I don't think it helps the players develop as well as if they called the game as if it were in question, but I always have to remind myself that I'm approaching this from a fan's perspective and it's doubtful that CNS hasn't thought this through completely.

Beyond that, it's hard to argue with the results of Saban's methods at this point.
Man you keep trying to put the 1st string back in or leave them in on my scenario which is not what I'm saying or meaning....lol:p

I expect the 2nd and 3rd string offense to be the ones trying to score in the 4th qtr with a 30 point lead.

I think we are 90%+ on the same page over the whole thing but talking past each other on a few points.

Ultimately though I agree it's hard to argue with any of CNS's results. I also admit to nitpicking this issue.

I mean how spoiled am I as a fan that dropping 50+ points on almost everybody still isn't enough:biggrin2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last year Tua ran the offense when he came into the game.

That’s not happening this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Last year Tua ran the offense when he came into the game.

That’s not happening this year.

Exactly. Jalen is given about 2 maybe 3 series and then it gets shutdown and poor Mac Jones isn't getting anything.

He had a GREAT play yesterday but let's be honest..... the intention was to get a 1st down and keep the chains moving to eat clock and not score a TD....

But Waddle runs 200mph so he kind of messed that gameplan up!!!...ha

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
CNS isn’t sending a double message at all. He wants maximum effort and attention to detail whether the play calls are sexy or not. It’s called taking the air out of the ball. I agree it’s boring but there is a point to it and it’s been proven out over his tenure.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I think this year's team could've put 100 on the board yesterday if they wanted to.

This team could have 4 80+ point games right now if they wanted to. Scores at halftime:
Alabama 28, Louisville 0 (probably not this one)
Alabama 40, Arkansas St 0 (yeah, probably)
Alabama 50, Ole Miss 7 (easily)
Alabama 31, Texas A&M 13 (tougher, but probably)
Alabama 49, ULL 0 (easily)

Louisville is the only game where we kept scoring at the same pace as before almost the entire game. Texas A&M was through 3 quarters.

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
It bothers me that it's obvious we are not trying to score on offense anymore when the reserves come in to play. We are trying to just run the clock out and get the game over with from an offensive perspective.
CNS gets mad about it when he's creating that environment. The 2nd and 3rd team Defenses are being put in a tough spot because the 2nd and 3rd team offense isn't helping them out at all..... kind of like the 2nd half of the 2017 NCG against Clemson. They are getting tired and gassed and probably lacking motivation.

Bottom Line if the other team is still playing to affect the scoreboard then so should we..... what happened to MTAQ?? Team aren't quitting. We need to start beating people until they wave the white flag and stamp this 4th qtr scoring nonsense out.
I agree as far as offensive play calling goes. As a fan I would like to see what Jones can do with more of the playbook available. Seems to me that it would be good for his development as well. One fond memory I have is McElroy throwing that bomb to Maze during garbage time against Auburn in 2008. That was such a rare thing for Saban to do, but I bet it was great for Greg's confidence, and great for the fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.