Link: Soren Petro still has Clemson at #1. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Soren Petro still has Clemson at #1.

When Clemson loses, he will move UCF into the 1 spot.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American crimson fan man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    When Clemson loses, he will move UCF into the 1 spot.
    I agree with this. Haters are gonna hate.

Soren Petro still has Clemson at #1.

I don't have any problem with this. In the end he'll either be right or he won't be. I don't have any bitterness because he thinks differently than I do. If this is what he thinks then great. Corky Simpson voted Alabama #1 in 1992 and he turned out to be right. I'm sure Miami fans poked fun at him all season.

I just don't think this is a big deal at all. I figure there will come a point where he won't have a choice. At least that's what I hope for.
    Last edited by CraigD; September 30th, 2018 at 09:05 PM.

FB|BB Moderator

And I care what Soren Petro thinks because....why?

If we keep on having OL and kicking problems, he'll be right. If not, he'll be wrong. Either way, our program has things to worry about that have nothing to do with him.

Let's see: Spend time and effort trying to persuade a single voter in a poll that no longer matters. Or maybe spend time fixing issues that may not matter today, but will against championship-caliber competition.

Gee. I'm not sure which way to go there.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Second Team
    Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

Clempson..........is gonna clempson this season..................just my guess.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    Corky Simpson didn't blink in 1992 and apparently this guy won't either until he's forced to...lol.

It doesn't bother me exactly because this 2018 Clemson isn't even remotely as good as 2015 or 2016 Clemson.

They will eventually 'get GOT' even if it doesn't happen until the CFB Playoff.

Corky Simpson stuck with the simple line that he thought the Alabama defense was "something special." If this guy said something like that, I'd have less problem with it.

His argumentation (as covered here last week) is so laughably stupid as to call his intelligence into question. He's hung up on "Alabama hasn't beaten anybody" and when pointed out that Alabama massacred ATM while Clemson survived, he somehow thinks that BDS is the most substantial home field advantage since the North fought most of the Civil War in the South.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Probius View Post
    My guess is that he doesn't want to feel like he's 'going with the crowd'.
    Mission accomplished...

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    And thats what he pretty much told Finebaum last week. His reasoning is the laughable part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was still citing our defensive losses and the question mark at QB, saying can he do it week in and week out, although he's already been doing it. He dissed our SOS and ignored the difference in the TAMU games with this statement: "Now they did slap Texas A&M around, but Clemson beat them on the road." He totally ignored the fact that Clemson was barely able to eke out a victory. Personally, I don't think he's as stupid as he might appear. I think he's trying to pull a Simpson - draw to an inside straight and hoping to come out the genius on the other end, sort of like a southern weatherman forecasting snow...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He was still citing our defensive losses and the question mark at QB, saying can he do it week in and week out, although he's already been doing it. He dissed our SOS and ignored the difference in the TAMU games with this statement: "Now they did slap Texas A&M around, but Clemson beat them on the road." He totally ignored the fact that Clemson was barely able to eke out a victory. Personally, I don't think he's as stupid as he might appear. I think he's trying to pull a Simpson - draw to an inside straight and hoping to come out the genius on the other end, sort of like a southern weatherman forecasting snow...
    I think he also knows how thin skin skinned our fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    I think he also knows how thin skin skinned our fans are.
    Not just Alabama fans. He's gotten some ridicule from football observers across the country
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    And just tbf - Simpson actually DID believe we were the best team. He wasn't trying to be a media star at all. In fact, when that whole thing came up, he even admitted he wasn't a genius as he had picked the Patriots over the Bears in Super Bowl XX.

But Simpson also didn't try to cloud the issue, either. A case can be made for Clemson in the long haul, but not on the basis of what they've done so far. They very easily could have two losses already. They look a lot like 2014 FSU, winning but precariously close to falling apart.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

That and a buck fifty will get you a cup of Joe.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    And just tbf - Simpson actually DID believe we were the best team. He wasn't trying to be a media star at all. In fact, when that whole thing came up, he even admitted he wasn't a genius as he had picked the Patriots over the Bears in Super Bowl XX.

But Simpson also didn't try to cloud the issue, either. A case can be made for Clemson in the long haul, but not on the basis of what they've done so far. They very easily could have two losses already. They look a lot like 2014 FSU, winning but precariously close to falling apart.
    I think Clemson will eventually Clemson and leave him on an island...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis