Link: Soren Petro still has Clemson at #1.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well they didn’t lose and the Cuse was a powerful unbeaten. Clemson was so awesome they beat them with a third string QB!!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Look back through the weeks - Clemson @ 1, UGA @2, Bama @3 hasn't changed. He's not going to change anyone until / unless they lose. No biggie.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Look back through the weeks - Clemson @ 1, UGA @2, Bama @3 hasn't changed. He's not going to change anyone until / unless they lose. No biggie.
And that’s what he pretty much told Finebaum last week. His reasoning is the laughable part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Corky Simpson didn't blink in 1992 and apparently this guy won't either until he's forced to...lol.

It doesn't bother me exactly because this 2018 Clemson isn't even remotely as good as 2015 or 2016 Clemson.

They will eventually 'get GOT' even if it doesn't happen until the CFB Playoff.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I don't have any problem with this. In the end he'll either be right or he won't be. I don't have any bitterness because he thinks differently than I do. If this is what he thinks then great. Corky Simpson voted Alabama #1 in 1992 and he turned out to be right. I'm sure Miami fans poked fun at him all season.

I just don't think this is a big deal at all. I figure there will come a point where he won't have a choice. At least that's what I hope for.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
And I care what Soren Petro thinks because....why?

If we keep on having OL and kicking problems, he'll be right. If not, he'll be wrong. Either way, our program has things to worry about that have nothing to do with him.

Let's see: Spend time and effort trying to persuade a single voter in a poll that no longer matters. Or maybe spend time fixing issues that may not matter today, but will against championship-caliber competition.

Gee. I'm not sure which way to go there.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Corky Simpson didn't blink in 1992 and apparently this guy won't either until he's forced to...lol.

It doesn't bother me exactly because this 2018 Clemson isn't even remotely as good as 2015 or 2016 Clemson.

They will eventually 'get GOT' even if it doesn't happen until the CFB Playoff.

Corky Simpson stuck with the simple line that he thought the Alabama defense was "something special." If this guy said something like that, I'd have less problem with it.

His argumentation (as covered here last week) is so laughably stupid as to call his intelligence into question. He's hung up on "Alabama hasn't beaten anybody" and when pointed out that Alabama massacred ATM while Clemson survived, he somehow thinks that BDS is the most substantial home field advantage since the North fought most of the Civil War in the South.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.