Link: Soren Petro still has Clemson at #1.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And that’s what he pretty much told Finebaum last week. His reasoning is the laughable part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was still citing our defensive losses and the question mark at QB, saying can he do it week in and week out, although he's already been doing it. He dissed our SOS and ignored the difference in the TAMU games with this statement: "Now they did slap Texas A&M around, but Clemson beat them on the road." He totally ignored the fact that Clemson was barely able to eke out a victory. Personally, I don't think he's as stupid as he might appear. I think he's trying to pull a Simpson - draw to an inside straight and hoping to come out the genius on the other end, sort of like a southern weatherman forecasting snow...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
He was still citing our defensive losses and the question mark at QB, saying can he do it week in and week out, although he's already been doing it. He dissed our SOS and ignored the difference in the TAMU games with this statement: "Now they did slap Texas A&M around, but Clemson beat them on the road." He totally ignored the fact that Clemson was barely able to eke out a victory. Personally, I don't think he's as stupid as he might appear. I think he's trying to pull a Simpson - draw to an inside straight and hoping to come out the genius on the other end, sort of like a southern weatherman forecasting snow...
I think he also knows how thin skin skinned our fans are.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And just tbf - Simpson actually DID believe we were the best team. He wasn't trying to be a media star at all. In fact, when that whole thing came up, he even admitted he wasn't a genius as he had picked the Patriots over the Bears in Super Bowl XX.

But Simpson also didn't try to cloud the issue, either. A case can be made for Clemson in the long haul, but not on the basis of what they've done so far. They very easily could have two losses already. They look a lot like 2014 FSU, winning but precariously close to falling apart.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And just tbf - Simpson actually DID believe we were the best team. He wasn't trying to be a media star at all. In fact, when that whole thing came up, he even admitted he wasn't a genius as he had picked the Patriots over the Bears in Super Bowl XX.

But Simpson also didn't try to cloud the issue, either. A case can be made for Clemson in the long haul, but not on the basis of what they've done so far. They very easily could have two losses already. They look a lot like 2014 FSU, winning but precariously close to falling apart.
I think Clemson will eventually Clemson and leave him on an island...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Petro voted Alabama #1 this week. Keith Sargeant of NJ Advanced Media (Keyport, NJ) voted ohio state #1.
Yep - dug up that piece right after I posted. He must be worried about Tua’s knee. He should be more worried about Bosa and OSU’ porous defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
We almost build a statue for Corky Simpson in 1992 for voting for Alabama #1 all year.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Who cares, we can come in #4 and still beat anyone, it will be settled on the field. And on the field, we rule right now. No way we drop out of top 4 so 18 is ours if we just finish. And we will, who cares what that idiot thinks or votes for.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Who cares, we can come in #4 and still beat anyone, it will be settled on the field. And on the field, we rule right now. No way we drop out of top 4 so 18 is ours if we just finish. And we will, who cares what that idiot thinks or votes for.
Your're correct in asking "who cares".....However, it also does not matter if we drop out of the top 4 in this poll. The AP poll is completely irrelevant since the beginning of the playoff era. We could be unranked in this poll and it would not matter come playoff time.......

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Your're correct in asking "who cares".....However, it also does not matter if we drop out of the top 4 in this poll. The AP poll is completely irrelevant since the beginning of the playoff era. We could be unranked in this poll and it would not matter come playoff time.......
The AP poll is completely irrelevant in the last 14 years since they pulled out of the BCS. They got their panties in a wad because the coaches and computers didn’t agree with them 100%. So they took their ball and ran home.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The AP poll is completely irrelevant in the last 14 years since they pulled out of the BCS. They got their panties in a wad because the coaches and computers didn’t agree with them 100%. So they took their ball and ran home.
If they decide to crown a different champion, that team would still be considered co-champions by pretty much everyone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.