How good is Notre Dame?

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Notre Dame is 5-0 and they have two good wins so far. Michigan was a pretty decent win and Stanford was a good win. The rest of their schedule is pretty easy. They could conceivably lose at Virginia Tech, but they will be a pretty big favorite from here out. They won't really be challenged by a good team for the rest of the regular season. What do y'all think of this team?

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
USCw looks to be the only opponent left that could give them an 'interesting game". They won't. Media is beginning to drool over them appearing in the playoffs again, hoping they'll be Bama killers.

volhater80

Scout Team
Aug 15, 2018
USCw looks to be the only opponent left that could give them an 'interesting game". They won't. Media is beginning to drool over them appearing in the playoffs again, hoping they'll be Bama killers.
I hope they are #2 going into the playoffs and ucf is #4 so we can stomp em both

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
Probably but they were supposed to be wonderful last time with a great defense. They supposedly had a great quarterback then. They are always overrated. Have been for years. Hope they don’t surprise me

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
They can be beaten by several teams but perhaps not until the playoff. They'd really muddy up the playoff picture if they were the 5th undefeated team.
1. Bama
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. OU
5. ND

I know we'd be in and OSU would be in but I wonder who would be the odd man out among the other 3.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They can be beaten by several teams but perhaps not until the playoff. They'd really muddy up the playoff picture if they were the 5th undefeated team.
1. Bama
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. OU
5. ND

I know we'd be in and OSU would be in but I wonder who would be the odd man out among the other 3.
It would really test the “13th data point” theory. Every team except Notre Dame will have played 13 games.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Hopefully good enough to meet Alabama in the playoff and get destroyed again. Then again I’d also want to play OU and Ohio State for revenge also. Darn.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Unless they overlook @Va Tech or @USCw then I expect them to be in the playoffs.
ND nearly always looks good playing the guys they play.
When it's crunch time we will know what they are made of.
The Talking Heads always love ND, so I too expect them to be in the Playoffs.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Book makes them better, but they still struggled to beat Vandy 22-17.

Kyle Shumur went 26/43 326 1 TD 1 INT I think Tua could maybe at least match that! ;)
I certainly do not think they could beat Bama. ND is good with Book behind center. Bama is really good with Jalen behind center, and on a level by themselves with Tua behind center.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
1. Bama
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. OU
5. ND

To think there might be 5 undefeated P5 teams is beyond a stretch. 2 of the 5 could/should have lost Saturday, OU went to OT vs ARMY the prior week, ND could/should have lost to Vandy at home the prior week, etc. Bama is the only one of those 5 without a close call and they have played no one with a pulse though it would not be a surprise if they have no close calls. It looks like only LSU and UGA pose any kind of threat til the playoff and Bama will probably be favored by 10-17+ vs both.

It does look like ND has a legit shot to make the playoff. It would be a wonderful opportunity to play them, though their QB would make some plays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.