What if 6 teams go undefeated? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 128
  1. #40
    BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    7,247

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Quote Originally Posted by jashleyren2 View Post
    I've seen this scenario play out so many times in college football. Halfway through the season, we've got half a dozen undefeated teams with an argument as to getting a major bowl invite, or with an argument for the crown of National Champ. The playoffs settle a lot of this now, and thank goodness for it.

    Usually, by November 1, that half dozen is down to 2-4 teams at best. And it sort of works itself out. It is VERY hard to win all 12 regular season games. AND a Conference title game. Bama has been dynasty above all others since 2009 (and I would argue even 2008), and only finished undefeated that one time, after 13 games: 2009.

    I predict we have two undefeated teams after championship Saturday, and maybe before.
    We were undefeated after 13 games (14 really) in 2016 also, but I get your point.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    BamaNation All-American ROTYDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    I would think Norte dame is in because the set a precedent by choosing Alabama with out a conference championship.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

    GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant


    Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

  4. #42
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    51

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    If Notre Dame's undefeated they're in even though Georgia would destroy Notre Dame.

  5. #43
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    8,772

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Quote Originally Posted by ROTYDE View Post
    I would think Norte dame is in because the set a precedent by choosing Alabama and TOSU with out a conference championship.
    Fify

  6. #44
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    33

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    We were undefeated after 13 games (14 really) in 2016 also, but I get your point.
    Indeed, we did have a great record at that point! Sure would have loved to have completed that season on out, but it really does illustrate how hard, if not impossible, it is to go all the way through a major conference schedule and win the bowl game too. UCF doesn't count

  7. #45
    BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
    Posts
    1,158

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Maybe Virginia Tech will step up and beat ND this weekend.

  8. #46
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,680

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    What happens this year if 6 teams go undefeated?
    . Bama (Maybe)
    2. OSU (No)
    3. Clemson (No)
    4. OU (no)
    5. ND (Maybe)
    6. UCF(Maybe)
    Who goes to the playoffs out of those 6?
    See above. UCF, Alabama and ND might go undefeated.... but others.. nope.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  9. #47
    BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    To answer the original question -- Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Oklahoma would get in under that scenario.

    Clemson wouldn't have the strength of schedule and UCF wouldn't be considered.

  10. #48
    BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    2,527

    What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Itís my experience losses will occur...usually late in the season. As far as Bama goes they are the best team in America. The only one that can beat Bama is Bama.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

  11. #49
    BamaNation All-SEC CrimSonami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
    Posts
    1,767

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    Well, it could happen. Who would have thought Junior would end up with a prize like Lulu?
    ............... and all the millennials go ???Whuh???
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that.
    It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
    PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

  12. #50
    BamaNation All-SEC PA Tide Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Looking at the schedules it could be very tough for OU to finish the regular season undefeated. They got the Red River Shootout, @TCU, @Texas Tech, Bedlam, and finally @WV.

  13. #51
    BamaNation All-SEC rollntider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bessemer AL 35023
    Posts
    1,117

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    I don't know who would get in, but based on the media talkings I know UCF and Notre Dame should not go based on:

    #1 SOS, in 2017 Bama played 9 P5 opponents , and faced 2 non P5 and 1 FCS school. This was an argument against Bama being in the playoffs.
    UCF will have faced 1 P5 team, 10 non P5 teams and 1 FCS team.

    #2 Notre Dame - Danny Kannel will tell ya, a team that does not play in a conference title game should not be allowed in the playoffs because they play one less game than the rest , and the playoff field is for conference champions only. This was an argument by the media that they stood on.

    To me the playoff committee should have a rule that states to be in the playoff you have to be a conference champion and played in the conference title game, if not, the media should drop that argument because Notre dame gets a pass all day on this mess.

  14. #52
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slocomb, Al
    Posts
    809
    Thread Starter

    Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

    Right now, win/loss wise, only ou (out of my listed 6) would be out of the NCP.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!