What if 6 teams go undefeated? - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Well I wasn't comparing them to Clemson. I just assumed the 12-1 SECCG loser would be the head-to-head comparison to Notre Dame in that scenario. Maybe you guys are correct, Clemson would actually be left out.
    The SEC loser will get left out unless the combination of ND and 2 P5 conferences eliminate themselves from the equation

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Well I wasn't comparing them to Clemson. I just assumed the 12-1 SECCG loser would be the head-to-head comparison to Notre Dame in that scenario. Maybe you guys are correct, Clemson would actually be left out.
    I think that Clemson would get in. We are on the same page. The one loss non-conference winner gets left out if there are four legit teams that are undefeated (not including UCF as "legit").

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Two things Iíve learned on TF:

1) Fans donít know nearly as much about who should he our QB in spring ball as they think

2) Fans donít know nearly as much about the mindset of the playoff committee as they think

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Two things Iíve learned on TF:

1) Fans donít know nearly as much about who should he our QB in spring ball as they think

2) Fans donít know nearly as much about the mindset of the playoff committee as they think
    Well we did have that guy that believed in double committees. And obsessed over the lluminati of voters in back rooms with mustaches and big cigars. So number 2 maybe be wrong but not number 1

Some guy FromBama, spelled FSU as FRU, and constantly spelled in CAPS....but the name escapes me....

Point being some actually can care too much with #2, but #1 is less of a concern since so many made a butt of themselves in 2014 over it.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; October 9th, 2018 at 11:08 AM.

BamaNation Second Team

ND has a garbage schedule? Uh no. Not if Michigan, Stanford, USC and Syracuse finish strong.
    Last edited by cubzwin; October 10th, 2018 at 06:52 PM.

BamaNation Scout Team

I agree no way there will be 6 undefeated teams. But, I do wonder if UCF is one of them, do they get in? The easy answer is no, but after last year, if they go undefeated two consecutive years, the question will be asked, "Will a group of 5 team ever go" by group of 5 AD's.

Quote Originally Posted by bamarobr View Post
    I agree no way there will be 6 undefeated teams. But, I do wonder if UCF is one of them, do they get in? The easy answer is no, but after last year, if they go undefeated two consecutive years, the question will be asked, "Will a group of 5 team ever go" by group of 5 AD's.
    The only relevant question is, what are the 4 best teams. I get that people with agendas ask other questions, but only people with agendas care.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by cubzwin View Post
    ND has a garbage schedule? Uh no. Not if Michigan, Stanford, USC and Syracuse finish strong.
    Have you seen Clemsonís schedule?

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Wouldnít hold your breath on Cuse. They got some initial hype by beating FSU at their lowest point, but the Clemson game was fools gold. They played way over their heads against a team in disarray and down to their 3rd QB. Orange still have to play NC State, @ND, and @BC, all most likely losses. They are an 8-4 team at best, 6-6 at worst. End of the day they do no more for NDís SOS than Mizzou will do for ours.

Thatís not to insinuate ND has a garbage schedule. Thatís overstating it. Letís be real though, itís a far more favorable schedule than they have most years. Other than USC thereís probably not a team in the last 6 games with a shot to beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

The two that aren't from a power 5 get left out. If bama or uga are undefeated they go in. If Ohio st or,clemson stay unbeaten they are in. If ND stays clean they get in depending on how the big 12 shakes out.

Ucf can win a national title by beating Michigan state in the Idaho potato bowl as long as "mini trucker magazine" crowns them national champs again. so they don't really matter, nor should they.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Right now, the schedule is hot trash. I gave you Michigan. They are looking strong. Syracuse is average at best. Stanford has fallen off the wagon. USC? Maybe, but I'm not seeing it. Florida State isn't even hot garbage anymore. They're room temperature and fading fast.

Don't get me wrong. It was a nice schedule on paper at the beginning of the season. Midway through, however, it does not look great at all. But like I said, if Notre Dame can win out, they will still be in excellent shape for getting a playoff bid.

Right now, the schedule is hot trash. I gave you Michigan. They are looking strong. Syracuse is average at best. Stanford has fallen off the wagon. USC? Maybe, but I'm not seeing it. Florida State isn't even hot garbage anymore. They're room temperature and fading fast.

Don't get me wrong. It was a nice schedule on paper at the beginning of the season. Midway through, however, it does not look great at all. But like I said, if Notre Dame can win out, they will still be in excellent shape for getting a playoff bid.
    I think that you have to give them credit for the teams that should have been. I mean, when ND scheduled those teams, they were very solid teams. Holding their performance against ND would be like holding FSU's collapse last year against Alabama.

All that said, because they have played what have turned out to be weak opponents, we have no idea how good ND is right now. They could be a great team, or another 2012 paper tiger.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I think that you have to give them credit for the teams that should have been. I mean, when ND scheduled those teams, they were very solid teams. Holding their performance against ND would be like holding FSU's collapse last year against Alabama.

All that said, because they have played what have turned out to be weak opponents, we have no idea how good ND is right now. They could be a great team, or another 2012 paper tiger.
    Yes, as I said, I think at the beginning of the year, the schedule looked strong. Notre Dame always has a good schedule on paper. It's just that, other than Michigan at this point, the rest looks unspectacular at best, even the teams they have yet to play. There is nothing Notre Dame can do to help that, but it is what it is. Ultimately, it won't hurt them unless we have unbeaten teams from 4 power conferences. Which is looking less likely by the day because of the Big 12.