What if 6 teams go undefeated? - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: What if 6 teams go undefeated?

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Yes, as I said, I think at the beginning of the year, the schedule looked strong. Notre Dame always has a good schedule on paper. It's just that, other than Michigan at this point, the rest looks unspectacular at best, even the teams they have yet to play. There is nothing Notre Dame can do to help that, but it is what it is. Ultimately, it won't hurt them unless we have unbeaten teams from 4 power conferences. Which is looking less likely by the day because of the Big 12.
    If ND goes undefeated - they are in. IMO, deservedly so. The PAC12 only has Colorado undefeated now, does anyone expect that to continue? The same in the Big12 with WVU. As is now stands, IMO, ND would be taken over an undefeated Clemson as well as an undefeated WVU and Colorado, though again the likelihood of either going undefeated is tiny. In fact, the only undefeated teams who are locks over ND are Alabama, OSU and UGA. I.e., there is NO way an undefeated ND is left out - none. Don't let the Ball State and Vandy games fool anyone, they look much better than 2012.

On another note. Many like to dismiss JH as a coach but Mich has a legitimate shot to make it. Though I would still pick OSU because they appear better overall, Mich's D is very good and the O is improving and JH is a good coach. So is Herman, though Texas will unlikely make it this year even if they win out, which they could. JH and Herman are not clowns as some here like to claim, they are very good coaches at blueblood programs, however flawed those administrations are. But JH seems like he's still trying to win in Les Miles style, though he is a far superior coach.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

There are currently 11 undefeated teams. Mathematically 7 can go undefeated by the time the playoff teams are chosen. I doubt there are 7 undefeated teams. Colorado and West Virginia will most likely lose at least one game before the playoffs. The 3 AAC teams all play each other and I believe will eliminate each other by beating each other. I think UGA loses to Florida. I know clemson will lose to someone they shouldn’t, it is just a matter of time. I am not willing to put money on it but I think the only undefeated teams will be Alabama and tOSU.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

I think there have only been two undefeated teams in the playoffs since they went to this format, so I think the possibility of there being six this year is slim (I'm discounting UCF and their cupcakes-only schedule). My guess is the committee is now hoping for undefeated Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. Ohio State and Alabama have the toughest remaining schedules. Notre Dame gets the huge benefit of avoiding a conference championship game (and no, having one extra game against Navy or Vandy does not substitute for that). Clemson plays in the relatively weak ACC.

So I think this year does offer the possibility of the most undefeated teams ever, which makes it easy on the committee, in my opinion. I think it is highly unlikely that an undefeated ND gets left out.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    On another note. Many like to dismiss JH as a coach but Mich has a legitimate shot to make it. Though I would still pick OSU because they appear better overall, Mich's D is very good and the O is improving and JH is a good coach. So is Herman, though Texas will unlikely make it this year even if they win out, which they could. JH and Herman are not clowns as some here like to claim, they are very good coaches at blueblood programs, however flawed those administrations are. But JH seems like he's still trying to win in Les Miles style, though he is a far superior coach.
    I agree with this for sure. I don't think Michigan or Texas will win out, but both are good teams and blueblood programs that would more than likely make the playoff if they win out.

BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar

Honestly, I feel like Clemson drops a game and misses the playoff -- the ACC is just weak this year, they aren't going to have the SOS if they aren't undefeated.

I think it's Bama, tOSU, Notre Dame and either UGA or a 12-1 Big 12 champ. Just like last year, Pac-12 is dead by October.

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    Honestly, I feel like Clemson drops a game and misses the playoff -- the ACC is just weak this year, they aren't going to have the SOS if they aren't undefeated.

I think it's Bama, tOSU, Notre Dame and either UGA or a 12-1 Big 12 champ. Just like last year, Pac-12 is dead by October.
    I believe Sagarin rating is currently ranking the ACC dead last among the power 5 conferences

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Tidefans posts that didnít age well....

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Tidefans posts that didnít age well....
    Still have 6 teams undefeated...Bama, Tosu, Clemson, Nd, UCf, Usf....lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    UCF and USF play each other though....meaning there wonít be six.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame

UCF and USF play each other though....meaning there wonít be six.....
    And I think Michigan beats OSU, Miami beats Clemson and USC beats ND.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    there is 9 actually. you left off NC State, Colorado and Cincinnati. Cincy plays both UCF and USF. NC State will play clemson. Colorado is about to kick off against USC.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    there is 9 actually. you left off NC State, Colorado and Cincinnati. Cincy plays both UCF and USF. NC State will play clemson. Colorado is about to kick off against USC.
    I know I was just playing with the thread. Its still a valid thread! Lol I'm holding on until the end!

All these losses by other teams helps Bama. Gives us more room for error. Though the west will be decided in Baton Rouge, unless college football happens.

Tidefans posts that didn’t age well....
    still mathematically possible for another 4 hours.

Roll Tide Roll