What if 6 teams go undefeated?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The top 3 are easy: 1) Alabama 2) Clemson 3) Notre Dame. The 4) team now is likely LSU, but other 1 loss teams are neck and neck for 4) including, Georgia, Michigan, Oklahoma, even Texas. Some one loss teams could get in if they win out, including WSU or Florida. It is really hard to imagine Central Florida or one of the other American League (USF, Cincy) teams being considered by the committee as one of the best 4 teams in the country. SOS just not there.
I agree about the G5 teams but make no mistake the BCS Haters who want chaos are a loud bunch. It would be so fair and inclusive to let one of them in the playoff. Thank goodness $$$ still trumps Political Correctness in College Football playoff pairings.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I agree about the G5 teams but make no mistake the BCS Haters who want chaos are a loud bunch. It would be so fair and inclusive to let one of them in the playoff. Thank goodness $$$ still trumps Political Correctness in College Football playoff pairings.
It would be fun to curb stomp last year’s national champions in the semifinals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
At this point, my dream CFP field would be:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame/UCF
4. Notre Dame/UCF

That way, we get to see Bama trounce one pretender in Dallas while Clemson trounces the other defender and then the two best teams in the country square off for the whole thing.

Of course, I think there's a mighty big drop between the best team in the country and the second best.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
At this point, my dream CFP field would be:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame/UCF
4. Notre Dame/UCF

That way, we get to see Bama trounce one pretender in Dallas while Clemson trounces the other defender and then the two best teams in the country square off for the whole thing.

Of course, I think there's a mighty big drop between the best team in the country and the second best.
I honestly don't want to play clempson again. No clempson fans, I am not scared. I have just become bored with playing them and would like to beat someone new.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I honestly don't want to play clempson again. No clempson fans, I am not scared. I have just become bored with playing them and would like to beat someone new.
While this may be true, they have earned those shots. The ACC is weak, but Clemson looks legit now that Lawrence has his feet under him.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is exactly how I feel.
While this may be true, they have earned those shots. The ACC is weak, but Clemson looks legit now that Lawrence has his feet under him.
For sure. And we probably should all accept that round 4 seems inevitable if not this year then next but I much rather play someone we haven't played the last 3 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.