What if 6 teams go undefeated?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You’re worrying about something that won’t happen. It will be a miracle if there are three.

But in that list UCF is out.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I second selma's assertion. Teams are going to lose, that's how that works. Two of those should have lost last week.

Besides that UCF is a joke and not only should they be out in that scenario but also in the event of a one loss Power 5 team. Put it this way, their SoS 158 and that's before they get into the heart of their cupcake conference schedule. They scheduled teams like UConn and South Carolina State, that's not what you do when you have something to prove.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I would take Notre Dame because they play TEN P5 teams and two G5 with no FCS at all.

Unlike the defending World Champions from Central Florida these teams seem to want to prove something. I might consider one of them if they go undefeated.

Akron: Nebraska, Northwestern, Iowa St and Morgan State.

Bowling Green: Oregon, Maryland, Georgia Tech and Eastern Kentucky.

Kent State: Illinois, Penn State, Mississippi and Howard.

Colorado State: Colorado, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois State.

MTSU: Vandy, Georgia, Kentucky and UT Martin.

UTSA: Arizona State, Baylor, Kansas State and Texas State

Northern Illinois: Iowa, Utah, FSU and BYU.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well you would have 3 automatic ins: UA, tOSU, and ND

1 automatic out: UCF

It would really come down to Clemson and OU/WVU. The Big XII champ probably has the edge because their SOS would destroy Clemson’s.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Well you would have 3 automatic ins: UA, tOSU, and ND

1 automatic out: UCF

It would really come down to Clemson and OU/WVU. The Big XII champ probably has the edge because their SOS would destroy Clemson’s.
Why do you think ND is an automatic in? Clemson and OU would have played a 13th game and have a conference championship to go with it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Why do you think ND is an automatic in? Clemson and OU would have played a 13th game and have a conference championship to go with it.
It won’t matter. I’m telling you when the first rankings come out and these teams are undefeated they are going to punish Clemson for a soft schedule like they did with FSU in 2014. If ND goes undefeated they are going to be viewed as Co- ACC champs, and that would be good enough to get them in. The extra game is meaningless unless Clemson plays a top 10 team in that game, and given the state of the ACC I’m really trying to find someone

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And they're Notre Dame!

I figure it would be like this:

Oklahoma>>>>>Clemson>>>>>>WVA

OU is the blue blood.

Again - this has as much chance of happening as I do of romancing Kate Upton.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And they're Notre Dame!

I figure it would be like this:

Oklahoma>>>>>Clemson>>>>>>WVA

OU is the blue blood.

Again - this has as much chance of happening as I do of romancing Kate Upton.
If this scenario actually played out then I expect the rankings to be this:

1. UA
2. TOSU
3. OU/WVU
4. ND
5. Clemson
6. UCF

I’ve been saying since 2015 that SOS doesn’t matter as much anymore, but in this Cinderella story it does. The top 3 (UA, tOSU, and OU/WVU) all will have a clear advantage in sos than 4-6. 4&5 have a clear one over 6. So it comes down to ND and Clemson. ND is going to have a clear one over Clemson.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If this scenario actually played out then I expect the rankings to be this:

1. UA
2. TOSU
3. OU/WVU
4. ND
5. Clemson
6. UCF

I’ve been saying since 2015 that SOS doesn’t matter as much anymore, but in this Cinderella story it does. The top 3 (UA, tOSU, and OU/WVU) all will have a clear advantage in sos than 4-6. 4&5 have a clear one over 6. So it comes down to ND and Clemson. ND is going to have a clear one over Clemson.
From Sagarin to NCAA rankings, ND’s SoS is higher than Bama’s - right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Currently ND SoS is 32; Bama’s is 64.
As of pregame Saturday.

Put UGA in a hypothetical SECCG and Bama’s would shoot up. I think UA will have a better SOS as time moves on than ND. That’s unless Michigan, USC, and Stanford are done losing.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just want BAMA to go undefeated; we at least have to win the SEC Champ to get in the playoffs. I don't see 2 SEC teams getting in this year if the other teams like Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Oklahoma keep winning.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Clemson will have played two SEC teams this year on their resume.
USCE currently has 2 losses and still has to play aTm, UF, and Mizzou before they get to Clemson. Basically they are banking on aTm and USCe to have better seasons than Michigan and Stanford in this scenario. Which aTm maybe a 3-4 loss team, but USCe is looking like a 6 loss team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would love to see this happen. Suspending my disbelief, the teams in would likely be Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State and the Sooners.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Put UGA in a hypothetical SECCG and Bama’s would shoot up. I think UA will have a better SOS as time moves on than ND. That’s unless Michigan, USC, and Stanford are done losing.
Works both ways - unless LSU and the Barn aren’t done losing before playing Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.