Class Act On Behalf of the Bryant Denny Crowd

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
In the recent weeks leading up to the season the story involving the QB battle on campus left a lot of things said on both sides. The media being who they are, jumped at the opportunity to report all the airing of dirty laundry on both sides. But during the past week we saw a QB from another school who had led his team to the CFP be benched and that QB decided to transfer to another school, rather than stick around and support his team and compete. That team went on to have a major scare over the weekend. While in Tuscaloosa, our one time starting QB came off the bench an entered into his fifth game of the season, which burns this season's eligibility that he could have used elsewhere had he decided to leave. But he didn't leave and the team and the player are better for it and the fans realized that fact (that he could have left and the team would be a play away from uncertainty)and gave the player who has been a class act throughout his time on campus a standing ovation, class act of all in attendance. Thank you for making the fanbase look grateful for having a class act like Jalen Hurts on our roster.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Other than a couple of Tua's TD passes, I thought the crowd reaction to Jalen entering the game was the most exciting thing in the game Saturday. And then Jalen looked better than at anypoint of his career in terms of his passing skills. He's gotten better!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
In the recent weeks leading up to the season the story involving the QB battle on campus left a lot of things said on both sides. The media being who they are, jumped at the opportunity to report all the airing of dirty laundry on both sides. But during the past week we saw a QB from another school who had led his team to the CFP be benched and that QB decided to transfer to another school, rather than stick around and support his team and compete. That team went on to have a major scare over the weekend.

While in Tuscaloosa, our one time starting QB came off the bench an entered into his fifth game of the season, which burns this season's eligibility that he could have used elsewhere had he decided to leave. But he didn't leave and the team and the player are better for it and the fans realized that fact (that he could have left and the team would be a play away from uncertainty)and gave the player who has been a class act throughout his time on campus a standing ovation, class act of all in attendance. Thank you for making the fanbase look grateful for having a class act like Jalen Hurts on our roster.
FIFY!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Other than a couple of Tua's TD passes, I thought the crowd reaction to Jalen entering the game was the most exciting thing in the game Saturday. And then Jalen looked better than at anypoint of his career in terms of his passing skills. He's gotten better!
I agree. It must be frustrating to Jalen to improve his passing the way he has, and still understand Saban has it right as to who should start.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I'm glad Jalen decided to stay (at least for now-no, I haven't heard anything. Just covering my bases) as I think it is good for him and Bama. And I agree that he has shown great improvement. I'm very proud of Jalen, the team and coach.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll say this much..... in 2 of his last 3 games/performances he's stood in that pocket and got BLASTED while throwing 2 TD's on the money.

It's the 1st 2 times PERIOD I remember seeing him actually FINALLY standing tall back there and taking chin-shots to let the plays develop fully.

I was FIRED UP and cheering for him!!! "THAT's HOW YOU DO IT JALEN!!!! That's what I'm *colorful language on repeat* TALKING ABOUT!!!! ROLL TIDE!!! G'On JALEN!!!"

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
His decision making and accuracy has definitely improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I brought two boys in Jr. High to the game this weekend and they were just as excited to see Jalen as they were Tua. When I made mention to the desk clerk at the Capstone about how the 2nd string QB was just as popular as the starter. He made mention how grateful he was that the fans have handled the situation they way they have.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It was exciting to see fans cheering for Jalen when he entered into the game. I was super proud of everyone for doing it. That was a class move. Jalen has endured so much from folks the last two years... and to see folks cheering for him... That was quite the defining moment.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know it's probably been discussed on other threads, but what about the irony of this development VS. the one unfolding in Clemson?

Once again CNS pulls the right strings and shows he's the master.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am glad Jalen is staying and that the crowd cheered. I cheered from home too.

I wonder if Jalen's parents were at the game? Probably not if his dad coached the night prior and it was early kickoff.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
All of this really says a lot about JH honestly. He's doing what he needs to do to be a "complete" QB and playmaker. He's doing what he needs to do to give him a chance at making to the next level ... all of this is the epitome to the dedication of growth. I'm always going to root for him because of that.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
All of this really says a lot about JH honestly. He's doing what he needs to do to be a "complete" QB and playmaker. He's doing what he needs to do to give him a chance at making to the next level ... all of this is the epitome to the dedication of growth. I'm always going to root for him because of that.
Yep. This will help him at least get a chance in the NFL (his improvements, his team loyalty, Saban's connections to NFL coaches). I am not sure he will make it or last long, but even being on a practice squad might work. They get some money and get to be part of the team/atmosphere.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.