Did you watch any of the Clemson game Saturday?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I was in the coffee shop this morning talking to a few Bama fans...I was surprised when everyone there admitted they had flipped the channel back and forth from the Bama blowout to the Clemson squeaker.

I had a thread a few weeks back asking opinions as to preference between competitive games and talent exhibitions. (As if the fans have a choice. :rolleyes:) There were opinions from both perspectives. But last Saturday seemed to me to put the choice on the table...stay tuned to Bama setting records and running away with the game, or watch a competitive game with the outcome in doubt.

Watching Saturday's game, I was struck with how empty the end zone was so early in the game. We've talked about leaving a game early verses staying until the end. I think Saban has expressed a strong preference for the fans hanging around. But it crossed my mind this morning that Bama has gotten so dominant that fans at home are not sticking around like you might expect...and are instead tuning in to see if Dabo could pull it off.

What a luxury...hungry for a competitive game, Bama fans can follow former Bama players now coaching squeakers to satisfy the itch, while Saban continues setting records.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Since I didn't have the SEC Network available to watch Bama I did watch the Clemson game. They looked like a team that was really distracted by KB's departure early in the week.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Youtube TV. BAMA game is on the main tv, and I watch something else on my laptop.

The empty seats are why the stadium is going to get reworked, and we're going to drop below 100k. My only issue is they aren't reducing student seats. But on the topic of would I rather watch a competitive game, the answer is no. I enjoyed Alabama destroying UL-Lafayette more than the Ohio State/Penn State game. I'm an Alabama fan first and foremost. If, for some reason, Alabama decided to drop football, I'd probably find something else to do on the majority of Saturdays. That's a bit of hyperbole to be honest, but I'm barely more than a casual NFL fan, for example.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Once Bama is playing I don't touch the channel, but I will say that I had an eye out online.
I'm right there with you.

However, when Bama's not playing, that's when my six-tuner, TiVo DVR really shines. I can watch every play from three different games by pausing, switching tuners, resuming, and fast-forwarding through commercials and commentary time-outs without getting more than five or six minutes behind the action. More than three games can be done but there's a higher risk of getting behind and having scores spoiled while watching another game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I normally put the Bama game on my TV if possible and then play other games on my laptop or phone. I am not at all embarrassed to admit that I paid close attention to the Clemson game after Tua's final drive.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Youtube TV. BAMA game is on the main tv, and I watch something else on my laptop.

The empty seats are why the stadium is going to get reworked, and we're going to drop below 100k. My only issue is they aren't reducing student seats. But on the topic of would I rather watch a competitive game, the answer is no. I enjoyed Alabama destroying UL-Lafayette more than the Ohio State/Penn State game. I'm an Alabama fan first and foremost. If, for some reason, Alabama decided to drop football, I'd probably find something else to do on the majority of Saturdays. That's a bit of hyperbole to be honest, but I'm barely more than a casual NFL fan, for example.
Hulu for me (for now) and I did the same.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
If Alabama didn't play college football, there would be no college football. But, since Alabama does, I pay attention to games that matter to Alabama and to future opponents. I checked in on the Clemson game from time to time but I don't think I missed a play of the Alabama game in the process. I watched a good bit of the O$U-SPU game but I was catching bits of other games as well. There are a few other teams I will watch even if their game's outcome has no impact on the New Year's Six games, CFP, or Alabama, but mostly I'm watching to see who is going to be the first to spit the bit or choke in the regular season. Syracuse almost got CU 2 times in a row and SPU almost gave Urban Myth palpitations again, but James Franklin may still be paying a debt to karma for some of his actions at Vanderbilt and for his escape to Happy Valley.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
What's funny is that I was watching Clemson on my phone with YouTube TV while sitting in BDS watching Bama. I love technology.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.