Need some Advice for going to a game at Neyland Stadium.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I've been to Knoxville many times, happily all victories thus far, and it is a great trip. The leaves are usually turning which makes for a really scenic drive up. We usually stay in Farragut or Cleveland - depending on what time the game kicks. The Knoxville Area Transit runs a shuttle from several locations on gameday. We always park at Farragut High School (free parking) and let KAT do the driving, plus they drop you off right in front of the stadium on Manning Pass Drive (where the band marches in). Here is a link to KAT:

https://katbus.com/256/Football-Service-Options

The stadium is not great, the seats are very small, and the upper deck is so high you'll get moon dust in your hair. We've never been treated badly but, as previously stated, we've never lost when we were there.

Edit to add: I was going the game this year too, but, unfortunately, I had to sell my tickets as my daughter is getting married that day. Yeah, yeah, I know, but what are you going to do...

Last edited:

pop11011

Scout Team
Jul 6, 2007
You had better hurry up and go before this thing switches around and they start winning again......in 10-12 years!

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
I watched their band march down Peyton Manning pass (or something like that) to the stadium which was pretty neat and I parked in some church parking lot that was on the main drag that wasn't that far a walk to Neyland and had no trouble getting out of it afterwards. Sorry I can't be more specific but it's been quite a few years. Never saw so much of the color orange in all my life.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I watched their band march down Peyton Manning pass (or something like that) to the stadium which was pretty neat and I parked in some church parking lot that was on the main drag that wasn't that far a walk to Neyland and had no trouble getting out of it afterwards. Sorry I can't be more specific but it's been quite a few years. Never saw so much of the color orange in all my life.
And you won’t outside of a Clemson game or a prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
is it likely I would find 3 tickets together?
I would think so, but you can always buy 4 together then sell the single for half of what you paid, which should be at or less than face value. Like Lost in TN said, tickets do seem cheaper at the stadium, and closer to kickoff. UT will likely be 2-4 entering this game, so getting tickets below face value should not be difficult. Now if UT upsets that might change things, but even at 3-3 I would not expect to pay more than face value at the stadium.

I've been to every UT-Bama game in Knoxville since 1984 and the only year there were no tickets available was 1992. That year Bama must've sent 40000 fans and the few tickets for sale were going high. We ended up having to watch most of game in a bar by the stadium, then at start of 4th qtr the guards left and you could sneak in and see end of game. During game there were Bama fans crowded in every bar & restaurant on the strip watching the game, with many, many more crowded outside peaking in to see game. it was a cool atmosphere even though we were not inside Neyland.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There was something suspicious with their "stadium expansion" a few years ago. The only people involved was a crew with a bucket of paint and a tape measure. You can do the math on that one.
Their last "expansion" was even sneakier. After our expansion pushed us ahead of them, they started counting everyone in the stadium as "attendees." By that, I mean concessionaires, security, even the teams. AFAIK, they are the only ones doing that...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...I was going the game this year too, but, unfortunately, I had to sell my tickets as my daughter is getting married that day. Yeah, yeah, I know, but what are you going to do...
I'm assuming that, at this point, you're looking for an answer other than "raise your children better?"

:biggrin2:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Their last "expansion" was even sneakier. After our expansion pushed us ahead of them, they started counting everyone in the stadium as "attendees." By that, I mean concessionaires, security, even the teams. AFAIK, they are the only ones doing that...
Did they start selling special tickets for concessionaires, security personnel, and the players? :biggrin:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I have previously listed the disgusting things that either happened to me or I observed so I won’t repeat. In spite of those things I kept going back because having 95k go from carnival loud to morgue quiet was worth it. Watching them stream for exits was worth it. I hope you have a positive experience, just be observant and ready for anything.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have previously listed the disgusting things that either happened to me or I observed so I won’t repeat. In spite of those things I kept going back because having 95k go from carnival loud to morgue quiet was worth it. Watching them stream for exits was worth it. I hope you have a positive experience, just be observant and ready for anything.
My last trip, we sat in the south EZ, mostly orange around us but a row of UA students in front of us. One coed, in her cups, kept turning around after each good UA play, standing up and telling at the UT faithful "How you like them crimson apples?" I kept thinking she was going to get us all killed. That trip had an interesting upshot. I had booked a room in a Holiday Inn in Cleveland, where my buddy with the tickets lived. The room rent was $100, not cheap for Fran's last year. The next Monday, when I tried my credit card for lunch, it was declined. Even with the lower limits back then, the head room should have been $8K or so. Almost immediately, my wife called and said that the manager at the Holiday Inn had called to apologize. It seemed that the credit card processing company for that group of hotels had omitted the decimal point for around 35K customers, so my $100 dollar room had become a $10K room, maxing out my card. As compensation, HI gave us three free nights, which we used to advantage a couple of years later in Moab, Utah, near Arches National Park. All that made the trip memorable, but what I remember most, other than the drunk coed, was the orange-clad security guards ringing the field about 4' apart, facing outward and just daring any UA fan entering the field. However, the team flocked to the other EZ, where most of the UA fans were located. (We were on UT tickets, my buddy being married to a UT fan who didn't want to go and see them get beaten.) Then, they came down to our EZ, already smoking the forbidden cigars... :D

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
My last trip, we sat in the south EZ, mostly orange around us but a row of UA students in front of us. One coed, in her cups, kept turning around after each good UA play, standing up and telling at the UT faithful "How you like them crimson apples?" I kept thinking she was going to get us all killed. That trip had an interesting upshot. I had booked a room in a Holiday Inn in Cleveland, where my buddy with the tickets lived. The room rent was $100, not cheap for Fran's last year. The next Monday, when I tried my credit card for lunch, it was declined. Even with the lower limits back then, the head room should have been $8K or so. Almost immediately, my wife called and said that the manager at the Holiday Inn had called to apologize. It seemed that the credit card processing company for that group of hotels had omitted the decimal point for around 35K customers, so my $100 dollar room had become a $10K room, maxing out my card. As compensation, HI gave us three free nights, which we used to advantage a couple of years later in Moab, Utah, near Arches National Park. All that made the trip memorable, but what I remember most, other than the drunk coed, was the orange-clad security guards ringing the field about 4' apart, facing outward and just daring any UA fan entering the field. However, the team flocked to the other EZ, where most of the UA fans were located. (We were on UT tickets, my buddy being married to a UT fan who didn't want to go and see them get beaten.) Then, they came down to our EZ, already smoking the forbidden cigars... :D
Great story. Off subject- You mention Moab, Utah, and reminded me what a special part of the country it is. Close to two National Parks and spittin distance to two others. If some of you haven’t been there, go if you can—make lifetime memories. In summer don’t go without hotel or campground reservations. It can be a long way to the next stop.
180 degrees back to one of my least favorite subjects, TN.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The best part of watching a game at Neyland is seeing the orange rivers of ut fans streaming for the exits sometime in the 3rd quarter. It's a blast.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The best part of watching a game at Neyland is seeing the orange rivers of ut fans streaming for the exits sometime in the 3rd quarter. It's a blast.
Yep. This has been my experience the last 2 games I’ve attended there. We ended up moving to a lower section halfway through the 3rd qtr

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I've never been to Neyland but I've had a few friends say if you do go make sure there is NOTHING on your vehicle identifying you as an Alabama fan. No decals or stickers or anything.

Could be bad luck or something else but I know two people who's car/truck were 'keyed' and another who's tires were slashed.

That always scared me off from going personally.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.