Need some Advice for going to a game at Neyland Stadium.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Great story. Off subject- You mention Moab, Utah, and reminded me what a special part of the country it is. Close to two National Parks and spittin distance to two others. If some of you haven’t been there, go if you can—make lifetime memories. In summer don’t go without hotel or campground reservations. It can be a long way to the next stop.
180 degrees back to one of my least favorite subjects, TN.
We only got to do Arches, but it was quite an experience. An old friend of my wife's and her husband had moved to Grand Junction. I knew both also, so we stopped for lunch on the way from Vail. He's a Moab native, so he put us on to several off the beaten path wonders...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Talking about scalping, one year I got to watch the game from the President's box, because a couple of clients of mine, UT grads, had made substantial gifts to UT. I was a guest of the VP for Development. One of their peculiar rules was that I had to buy a ticket through him, pretty decent seat, at that. Forty yard line, I think. I asked him what to do with it. (I already had gate/elevator credentials.) He told me I was free to sell it for whatever I could get. Now, this was Dubose's last year, IIRC, so they were enjoying themselves. I wasn't. I think the face value was $30 and I was prepared just to eat it. On the way to the stadium, there was a teenager holding up a sign saying he needed one. I walked over and offered him the ticket. He asked how muc and I told him face value. He looked at me, looked at the ticket, and said "You're spoofing me," except that wasn't the verb he used. He went away happy. I really only had one enjoyable moment. There are actually two president's boxes, one orange and the other white. Whichever I was in, the bar and refreshments were in the other. I wandered over and who should be there but the UA president, bow tie Andy Sorensen. He looked at me like he'd seen a ghost. For someone who basically wasn't doing anything wrong, he was the guiltiest-looking SOB I've ever seen. I just said "Fancy meeting you here." His logical comeback would have been "You too," or something like that, but he was so nonplussed he could only stutter. He was about as big a loser as Dubose, in my book...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I've been to Neyland 3 times and I've never seen us loose there1992,2002, and 2014. I am thinking about going this year because my 2 brothers are going, but the stadium is by far the worst stadium I've been in ever. I've always been in the Alabama section and maybe visitors seats are just bad. The bathrooms were old and rusty. No trach pickup, long lines. Aside from the games, it is just the worst experience I've had as far as creature comforts.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I've been to Neyland 3 times and I've never seen us loose there1992,2002, and 2014. I am thinking about going this year because my 2 brothers are going, but the stadium is by far the worst stadium I've been in ever. I've always been in the Alabama section and maybe visitors seats are just bad. The bathrooms were old and rusty. No trach pickup, long lines. Aside from the games, it is just the worst experience I've had as far as creature comforts.
Most uncomfortable visiting team seating I’ve experienced. Each seat is about a half butt wide, so you alternate, but even that hurts after awhile.

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
Surprised no one has mentioned Ye'Olde Steakhouse. It will be packed but at least a few years ago the owners grandson was selling canned beer to us while we waited. Apparently he is the black sheep of the family or something like that. We actually had a real nice time chatting with him. Outside of that, I thought the Vol Navy was overrated, probably cause we didn't have an invite to go on a boat... Calhoun's was in a nice location but the BBQ was weak. We stayed at the Marriott right in town and walked everywhere we wanted to go. The fans were nice but they knew going in they didn't have a prayer. Definitely watch their band/team march into the stadium and the power T or whatever they call it... The band was the only thing they got to cheer about all night...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.